6 days and counting

Gmsg01

Chirping
8 Years
May 4, 2011
West Monroe,NY
I will get my Amerucana (sorry if I spelled it wrong) chicks from the breeder next Sunday, and the MsMurray order should be here next Monday. My first try at chickens and I am so excited! Looking forward to trying to figure out how to post pictures.

The girls will be brooded out in the coop, which is a chicken coop from about 80 years ago
wink.png
. Been lurking all over the site looking for information, so hopefully I won't make too many novice mistakes. I am sure to make some though.

It is going to be a close call as to whether the mare foals (she is day 355, the suspense is killing me
lol.png
), or the chicks arrived. Didn't think I would have the foaling question as a distraction when I ordered the mcmurrays chicks in march!

I believe my mystery chick is a BUFF COCHIN- it is butter colored, very fluffy, and very round. Seems pretty mellow too. Do the mystery chicks from McMurrays ever turn out to be females? If not, at least he should end up a good eating size.

So, the austrolops babies seem the most petite, and the wyanadotte babies the most skitzo. I love to watch them play, then fall into a boneless puddle of exhaustion. Flight feathers starting to peak out a little. Eating well, everyone likes their watered with the Mardi Gra beads:p, but still just a couple of loose stools. Any need to be concerned?

Back
Top Bottom