6 French Black Copper Marans Chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, Jan 21, 2010.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    6 French Black Copper Marans chicks. Combination of Bev davis and Wade Jeanne Lines from the following birds. (some pics of the hens are from the summer) Eggs are exactly like ones shown in pic as that pic was taken in January of this year. Chicks seen are some I hatched last month.

Happy to answer any questions and the auction is starting WAY below my normal price with no reserve. Eggs will be set tomorrow and ship date will be approx Feb 14th makes a great Valantines gift!

I have kept only birds that are as close to the proposed standard that they are working on, all have feathered legs, and goldish colored eyes.

Chicks will ship out in new box well padded with heat pads and grow gel. $45 to anywhere in the continential US so please so not send me your zip code with question as to shipping price.

I have hatched out 2 mossie chicks from my eggs that I know of so there is a possibility although not a big one that a chick will be mossie colored. I will not replace that chick if it happens as I can not tell when they are chicks if they will grow out with that coloring or not. I can promise good feet, straight beaks and healthy chicks.

Add an additional $20 if you would like the chicks vacinated for Mareks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    here is the egg color pic

[​IMG]

3. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    AHC,, Those pics are beautiful! Can't wait to get my eggs from you on Wednesday! I'll call before I leave in the morning![​IMG]

4. wing it

wing it Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2009
    long island
    could I pick up chicks ? I am in ny to. ( If I win ) Thanks Don

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  5. LaSombra

LaSombra Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Washington
    what's mossie colored?

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    its a marans that has some speckles of copper color through out the body rather than being all black with the copper neck etc....

7. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:absolutly!

8. LaSombra

LaSombra Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Washington
    Quote:sounds pretty. I'm guessing it's considered "bad" as far as showing or whatever, but I like variety in my flock anyway so it would be welcome. [​IMG]

9. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    Quote:sounds pretty. I'm guessing it's considered "bad" as far as showing or whatever, but I like variety in my flock anyway so it would be welcome. [​IMG]

yes they are not ugly by anymeans and are perfect for Olive egger EE projects. Some even say they lay the darkest eggs although I do not know why that would be so. I had a few from ones I bought last year but sold them as pets before they started laying.

10. JP33

JP33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Southeast, Louisiana
    The bid started at $20.00 per bird or for 6 birds? And are they sexed? How old?

Thanks!

...JP

Sorry, I just saw in the title it says "chicks" but are they sexed & how old, thanks!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by