1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6+gl/tolbunt Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sutillman, Jul 5, 2011.

1. sutillman

sutillman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Well my girls are laying and I have a GL roo in with them. I put 12 in the incubator to check fertility and 11 are developing. Cannot gurantee your hatch once they leave my hands. I do pack very good. PM me with any questions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    How has your hatch rate and survivability rate been? How old are the hens and to your knowledge have they had any other outcrosses in them?

3. eeyore75

eeyore75 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Battle Creek, MI
    The front girl looks like she has feathered legs........ did they have D'Unccle blood mixed in to get their color? How many of the girls have feathered legs?

4. sutillman

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Quote:So far I have had good hatch rates. The only one I lost was because I forgot to put marbles in the waterer and it drowned. My hens are about 18 months old and have never been outcrossed. I hatched these myself. I got my eggs from Lucinda at Greenacres Poultry.

5. sutillman

Feb 27, 2009
    south georgia
    Quote:No they don't have feathered legs. I will try to get some better pics today.

6. DancingHen

DancingHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Central Oregon Coast
    The gold laced eggs I got from you hatched some great chicks. They are getting their feathers in now and they have wonderful full crests. One of them has a hilariously large crest already. [​IMG] Very healthy chicks with no health problems so far, and I hatched a little less than half of the eggs shipped. I was happy with the number, and thrilled with the vigor of the chicks. Thanks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by