6+ GOLDEN LACED COCHIN (standard) Hatching Eggs ~ Washington State

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have for sale 6+ Golden Laced Cochin hatching eggs. These are standard sized birds, NOT bantams. I've had close to 100% fertility rate here at home with these.

Hen:
    [​IMG]

Rooster:
    [​IMG]

One of the 7 I hatched out last month:
    [​IMG]

Asking $22.50, shipped USPS Priority. Eggs will be collected this weekend & shipped out Monday or Tuesday of next week. I take PayPal.

Thanks,

~Heather

2. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    oh heather they are lovely! One day...one day I am really going to have to get some of your eggs! I would take them now, but still new too hatching so I want to be sure I know what I am doing by just buying mixed eggs locally or something! [​IMG] But these birds or gorgeous! They should go fast!

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Thank you! These seem to be hatching fairly well, actually. I had some MAJOR issues with my LG incubator--it spiked to almost 105 degrees, plus I had a few power outages and these still hatched! [​IMG] Keep me in mind...I'll have LOTS more next year (I hope!)

4. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    wow they are beautiful wish I had a bator.

Henry

5. Rare Feathers Farm

Thanks! Get yourself one....they're pretty cheap. [​IMG]

6. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I have my Lacy sitting on air and would love to have eggs for her, but only need two.

Is that a possibility?

Edited: what was I thinking... she has been setting for three weeks.... too long. But this is her second time broody in her young 9 months... at least I know you are there and could ask at a later "broody" time.

Thanks,

Ellie

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  7. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Ellie if I got a broody I would do more than two because some may not hatch because of shipping. thats just me personally.

Henry

8. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    I know Henry, I usually get six, but I simply don't have enough room. I just want her "fufilled" when she gets broody!

You are right, though.

Ellie

9. Rare Feathers Farm

You have some, too? Do you have a roo? If so, I'd swap ya a couple of yours...if not, yes, I could do do two eggs...

10. Rare Feathers Farm

Quote:I've never had mine go broody....other than my muscovies....you could give her a store-bought infertile egg to encourage her to keep it up, LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by