6 Hens, Coop, Kennel/Run- South Carolina

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chellyroo, Dec 21, 2009.

1. chellyroo

chellyroo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2009
    South Carolina
    I have come to the difficult decision that I must let my girls and their home go. I have 6 hens, all about 8 mo. old. There are 2 Golden Sex-Link, 1 Rhode Island Red, 1 Brown Leghorn, and 2 Buttercups. 5 were laying until about a month ago when several started molting; now 2 have started back so I'm getting 2 eggs/day and hopefully the others will begin again soon. The coop was hand built by the farmer we bought the hens from, it is cedar, approx. 6ft long x 5ft wide x 5 1/2 ft tall. It has a roost bar, and a small door in the side where I was going to collect the eggs, but the girls decided they wanted to lay in the opposite corner! We laid linoleum in the floor but not glued down. The roof is tin. The entire front will come off (via screws) for cleaning, tho it is a task taking it off/putting it back on. There is a closable narrow front door, and a gangplank. It is VERY heavy! The run (which really was a dog kennel) is 10x10x6ft ht. We have wire over the top to prevent predators, tho we never had problems with anything other than a black snake. The run is nearly new. We will throw in the cinder blocks we have surrounding the run to keep anything from digging under.
    We have well over $500 invested, but would like to get $325 for everything. We cannot deliver. A full size pick up should be able to handle everything fine. Happy to answer any questions.

2. theron

theron Theron's Fowl Farm

Nov 15, 2009
    Midland, MI
    can you post another pic?

3. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Hey!do You Have Any Pics?i Live In Georgia.where In Sc Are You Located?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by