6+ Hodge-Podge of purebred bantams (OEGB, Jap, Silkies)~Ships 2-24

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by shelleyd2008, Feb 22, 2011.

1. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    My bator, hatcher, and 'holding' turner are bursting at the seams! I just yesterday set over a dozen eggs. To do so I had to move the next-in-line-to-hatch eggs to the hatcher....they aren't due to hatch til March 1st!! I could keep these myself, but I'll just have twice this many to go in next week and there aren't that many coming out! [​IMG]

So I have to offer the following eggs. These are all pure breeds, it's just that I only have a few of each.

The majority of the eggs are from my silkie pen. Right now I have them all together. There are 2 white roosters (1 bearded from emmalynn; 1 non-bearded), 1 non-bearded splash rooster (local), 1 black bearded hen (local), and 3 white non-bearded hens. These are PQ, though some are 'better' than others. The black and one of the whites are laying.

I have 4 eggs from the silkies, 2 from each girl. These were laid on 2-21 and 2-22. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the black hen or bearded roo right now.
    White, non-bearded roo
    [​IMG]
    Splash roo
    [​IMG]
    White (laying) hen
    [​IMG]

I've also got 2 eggs, laid today, from my blue/splash OEGB. One egg is from my splash pen (pictured), the other is from my pen of blues (blue roo and blue hens). The hens in this pen are from McDaniels line, I don't know what line the roo is. All 3 of the splash birds are from Choice Bantams out of SC. Sorry, I don't have a pic of the blues at this time.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have 1 egg from my pen of japanese. There are 2 BTW and 2 Mottled hens in this pen, with a BTW roo. I'm not sure, but I think the ones laying are the BTW hens.
    Japs (borrowed from Caseman, I haven't taken pics of them yet)~~And yes, they are all standing in the pic [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So that's a total of 7 eggs. These can ship Thursday. If I get any extras of these breeds I'll add them into the mix.

4 silkie eggs
    2 OEGB eggs
    1 BTW jap egg

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by