~6+ Konza Prairie Rangers: dual-purpose nub-combed heavy layer~$25 shipped~Buy-it-Now~BeakHouse~

ChooksChick

BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist
15 Years
Aug 17, 2008
Larry, KS
My Coop
My Coop

This is a sale for eggs I can't fit in my incubators. All orders will be packaged in specially made foam inserts and double-boxed. Shipping is included.

6+ Konza Prairie Rangers- These are a dual-purpose project I've been working on to produce an exceptional foraging bird for meat production as well as great laying hens. The birds are HUGE. I've had males dressing out consistently at over 6.5# at 14 weeks, and the pullets lay daily at 17+ weeks. These are created to have a minimal or flat comb for cold winter temps, yet hardy in heat, and tend to be white with black columbian markings. There isn't a consistent coloration as of yet. This is a friendly, docile, broad-breasted bird- $25 shipped in foam, double-boxed

Please remember that any shipped eggs may go through damaging travel conditions, and I will do everything I can by packing them in specially produced poly-foam (thanks to BYC's Folwrus!) and double-boxing them. I feed my flocks an exclusive diet made of 12+ grains, herbs and spices, with a highly-digestible protein content for robust eggs- and naturally, robust chicks! These eggs ship well and great hatch rates result.

You can find my feed recipe here.

If you pay with an echeck, the VERY SAME eggs will be shipped after the echeck has cleared. Since the echeck takes a while to clear, you must be willing to delay the shipment of your eggs. Using a credit or debit card through PayPal is much quicker. If you are hesitant to do so, you can buy a prepaid Visa for this purpose and put it on your PayPal account. Private sales are a better choice if you want to pay with an echeck, not the this format, as these eggs are ready. PM me if you want to arrange a private sale.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Last edited:
Renee can we arrange to get the eggs for the Easter hatch? I was looking at these on your site the other day and thinking about getting some. With my skill at hatching roos I was thinking a good sized cockerel at 14 weeks is a good thing!
wink.png

Renee can we arrange to get the eggs for the Easter hatch? I was looking at these on your site the other day and thinking about getting some. With my skill at hatching roos I was thinking a good sized cockerel at 14 weeks is a good thing!
wink.png

Yep- pm me and we'll set it up!

is there any way you would part with your feed recipe? i have been searching for one high and low
bow.gif

Sure! I have it on a page just for those who want it.

There's also commentary in several threads discussing it and others' similar feed recipes and philosophies- one of them is here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/590072/heritage-feeds-for-heritage-breeds/100_100

The recipe is here- https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/feed-recipe

I do change it as the seasons change and as availability is changed throughout the year, but it generally has an 18+% protein content, and very diverse amino profile.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I can send you the Excel spreadsheet if you want the ability to automatically calculate fat and protein ratios. PM me your email if you want that...and anyone else who wants it can pm me, too (for all you lurkers).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom