6+ Large Fowl Salmon Faverolles

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cloverleaf Farm, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Cloverleaf Farm

Cloverleaf Farm Bearded Birds are Best

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Auction is for 6 plus whatever extras the girls give me. Getting really good fertility out of these. My flock came from both of Dick Boulanger's breeding pens last year, and one of the girls is from Melissa Parker (pasofinofarm on BYC).

Faverolles are amazing birds! They have muffs, beards, 5 toes, and lightly feathered legs. They are sweet and docile (nicest roosters I've ever had!). They bear confinement well, do very well in cold climates, lay a med/large light brown to pinkish brown egg year round, and the extra males are FANTASTIC on the table!

These will ship on Tuesday, via priority mail. I will do my best to get them to you safe and sound, but due to the USPS handling techniques, and variances in incubation practices, I cannot guarantee hatch rates. [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    I hatched some Salmon Favs from Melissa Parker...they are night and day better than some of the Salmon Favs I got from others. Gorgeous!

3. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    The "singing" pullet in the first pic is the one that's from Melissa. [​IMG]

4. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    Do you have any blue LF SF's in there? Beautiful birds!!

5. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    Quote:Nope, sorry, I had one pullet from Melissa that was really awesome, but decided I wanted to do just the straight salmons. Thanks!

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I very much want these eggs, but I'm too scared of shipping this time of year, especially that far. Hopefully I can get some eggs from you in warmer weather.

7. Cloverleaf Farm

Sep 16, 2008
    Levan, UT
    mr. birdaholic :

I very much want these eggs, but I'm too scared of shipping this time of year, especially that far. Hopefully I can get some eggs from you in warmer weather.

You bet! Though it is in the 40s and 50s here this week.... [​IMG]

8. teddiliza

teddiliza Chillin' With My Peeps

Where were you last year? I had been looking all over for some nice looking Salmon Favorelle standard size! When Missouri temps start getting above 30 I might have to order some of your eggs!

9. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    mr. birdaholic :

Don't be scared! I have recieved 3 separate shipments last week from CA, OH, and GA....I am in Central NY. All eggs were perfectly fine when they got here...none frozen. I candled them last night...only a few were not fertile...the rest have great veinage! I also shipped from here to CA. They arrived safe and sound...none frozen. Our temps have been in the low teens at times.​

10. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    I have one of your Salmon Favs...she is awesome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by