6+ Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucana Hatching Eggs!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Muggsmagee, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Muggsmagee

Muggsmagee Menagerie Mama

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    This auction is for 12+ plus Lavender and Split Lavender Ameraucana hatching eggs to be shipped on August 22nd. Any extras will be included in the shipment! These are large fowl. All pictures are of my own eggs and my own birds. These are some of the most personable birds and became an instant and lasting favorites out of my entire flock!

My original flock of Lavender Ameraucanas are from John Blehm and Harry Shaffer. My Black Ameraucanas are from John Blehm. John has sold out of his Lavender and Black Ameraucanas for the year. It is IMPORTANT to breed lavs back to black to improve their type. I have 2 Lav Ameraucana Roos over 5 Lav Ameraucana Hens and 3 Black Ameraucana Hens. Lavender Ameraucanas are still a work in progress. Lav Ams tend to throw greenish eggs and have a "poofier" look. We are striving to breed for conformation and egg color.

Buying shipped eggs is a gamble. I take extra care to package these eggs for a safe shipment. I want them to have every chance at life! I have no control over the eggs after I drop them off at the Post Office. Our eggs are very fertile and we have had an excellent hatch rate so far this year.

Any questions feel free to email/PM me. The winner of this auction can paypal me at [email protected] at auction end. Your success is my success! Let's get to hatching some Lavender Ameraucanas!

Thanks for looking. [​IMG]

These are a few of our Lav Ameraucanas...this roo is our #2 guy, he is lighter in weight by a few ounces, but displays a better comb...and one of our OOBER cheeky hens...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our #1 guy...super sweet to his girls, respects #2 (no fights), his comb is not wonderful, but his body type is... pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our chick we hatched this spring, along with a few bantam Lavender Ameraucanas...the size difference was amazing!
    [​IMG]

The flock this winter...they look like big squatty Sumo wrestlers. Actually...if I recall, they weren't happy I shushed them out for this photo-op. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cuteness overload...lav chick with baby holland lop bunny...just before Easter.
    [​IMG]

4 month old Lav Am pullet. She is currently in the layer pen, as she is the only Lav we kept from a spring hatch. Too old for the growout, too young for breeding. And my fat bottom girls are sweet to her. She is showing to have a nice tight bottom/tail feathers...no poofy Orpington-y tush fan common in lots of lavs. This is a direct cross of Blehm's birds... pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

1.5 week old Lav Am...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

Our mix of 2.5 and 1.5 week old Lavs and Splits...pic taken 8/16/11
    [​IMG]

This pic is of all my lavender eggs...color was similar to the pottery I made...bright sun, no flash.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  2. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    I definitely want some of these next year! (if I can afford them LOL).. Verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry pretty!!! [​IMG]

3. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Finally! Room in the incubator when some lavs are available!

I love fall chicks. Mine always start laying nice and early in the spring.

4. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I like your thinking Bailey! I am tempted to give the bator just one more go this month, and refrain from setting again until Feb/March. That way, the chicks will feather out well before winter, and DH won't give me the perpetual look of disappointment with my fondness for brooding chicks in the den until spring! I'm going to have twitchy fingers all winter...I need to find some alternate hobby to keep me busy!

Hatchaholics unite! [​IMG]

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Quote:Let me know if you find one sista! [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Aspen

6. Arielle

Arielle Chicken Obsessed

Feb 19, 2011
    Massachusetts, USA
    I'm going to have twitchy fingers all winter...I need to find some alternate hobby to keep me busy!

I know the feeling! I'm looking at all these eggs up for auction . . . . time to get knitting again, how about you?​

7. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:I know the feeling! I'm looking at all these eggs up for auction . . . . time to get knitting again, how about you?

YES! YES! YES! I've sent my first batch of alpaca fleece to the mill...it won't be ready to come home until the end of Christmas! [​IMG] The wait is going to be agony!

8. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Better get them now while they're cheap! [​IMG]

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    They have such full beards! Love them! I currently have a trio of lav/split lav from lamike, maybe next year we could swap some eggs? [​IMG] I have a split lav cockerel, split lav pullet, and lav pullet [​IMG]

10. Muggsmagee

Dec 15, 2009
    Central NY
    Quote:Sounds like you have a nice trio to work with! That's great! PM me in the spring. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by