6 Lavender Split silkie chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by AHappychick, May 24, 2010.

1. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    6 lavender spit silkie chicks. exact chicks seen in pic below. ALL have big vaulted sculled. Sire was my Lavender from Bren and SQ hens.

They are 11 days old now and were vaccinated for Mareks disease. Will ship out express with grow gel and heat pack.

Chicks

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sire
    [​IMG]

Here is a pullet that looked the same from same parents so many will probably look like her.

2. MeettheFlockers

MeettheFlockers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Wisconsin
    They are adorable S!!

3. ParadisePoultry

ParadisePoultry Hey, I'm WALKIN' here !

Oct 19, 2009
    Paradise (Braham), Mn
    How is the toe spacing?

4. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    excelent really, I have great toes on my breeders so spacing is good and feathering is good also [​IMG] I have a few extras so I can select only the best 6 [​IMG]

5. LaSombra

LaSombra Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Washington
    I just have a quick question... how do you sex these and at what age? I have that one lavender split from my ameraucana/FBCM order a couple months ago and am curious about sexing. I'm hoping for a girl, but don't know how to be sure. lol 10 weeks or so old now... time flies!!

6. AHappychick

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I have lately been unable to tell with some of them until they crow lol here is a split from the same group and I could have sworn he was a pullet. Now I have 3 just like him all SQ except color is way off [​IMG]

[​IMG]

so it is really hard to say with these chicks in particular it could take until maturity or crowing.

[​IMG]

here is a pullett and it is very likely some will turn out like her as I get a lot like this. the penciling is really pretty.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  7. LaSombra

LaSombra Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Washington
    Quote:OK, thanks [​IMG] I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see how he/she turns out! hehe My boys have named "her" Ziggy because when she was a chick, she had that zig-zag pattern . So cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by