6+ Lemon Blue Cochin Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, May 21, 2010.

1. Rare Feathers Farm is proud to offer:

Auction Info:

6+ Hatching eggs from my rare breeds flock. These are standard (giant) lemon blue Cochin hatching eggs.

PLEASE NOTE, I WILL NOT BE OFFERING THESE FOR SALE MUCH THIS YEAR AS I'M WORKING ON MY OWN STOCK.

Rooster is a HUGE lemon blue Cochin, "Clarence" has a VERY sweet personality (in this photo he was recovering from fighting through the wire with another one of my roos and he's since healed up).

[​IMG]

Hens are:
    Standard Lemon Blue Cochins (pictured)
    Standard Splash (that carries the lemon blue gene)

The eggs are fertile & shipped fresh!

Breed Info:

These are PUREBRED, QUALITY birds from excellent stock. Please note, these do NOT breed true. You will get some blues, lemon blues, buffs and splashes. Out of my last hatch, I got three lemon blues, one blue and one splash.

Hatching Info:

Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch.

Additional Shipping Info:

Each egg will be individually wrapped to prevent breakage while they are in transit. I will send any/all extras just in case any of the eggs do crack or break.

I will ship the eggs as close to the beginning of the week as possible (I ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & sometimes, on Thursdays) so they will not sit at the post office over the weekend. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me, I will be more than happy to answer you!

Fine Print:

I guarantee fresh and fertile eggs of the breed auctioned. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my farm--such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

Again:

I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my farm-shipping, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

Patience

Please remember I am not a 24-hour fast food place where you can order and expect service immediately! I am doing this as a hobby and I work as fast and efficiently as the time allows. I do have a 40+ hour per week "real job." I cannot guarantee specific availability dates, as I cannot guarantee the laying rate of each of the many breeds that I have. I will get to each and every person that places an order - in the order the date that I receive that order through the web store.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING POLICY:
    I prefer PayPal but also accept money orders and cashier's checks (through my website, only--not on auctions)!

Payment must be received IMMEDIATELY after the auction ends or item will be re-listed & negative feedback WILL be left! You're bidding on the actual eggs I will be gathering, this is NOT a "pre-sale."

If you need eggs shipped at a specific time please purchase them off my website.

Lastly, we're at the mercy of living animals here...the weather may change, a bird may be sick or injured, or may go broody. I will do my best to ship eggs in a timely manner but if for some reason I cannot, I will refund your money.

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HATCHING!

2. Just a note--these will be shipping Tuesday or Wednesday AFTER Memorial Day...

3. poularde

poularde Hatching mode

Feb 7, 2010
    Puyallup, Wa.
    Your killing me. [​IMG] I wish I had an empty incubator. Your LB's look closer to the standard than most I've seen. Your roo is Gorgeous.[​IMG] I want all your auctions. I wish I had another bator. Good luck. I'll see what I can do before this auction ends.

4. Let me know if you're interested--you can always buy them off my website and request a ship date...and if I can't ship on that date, it will be as close to it as possible...Thanks for compliments--I'm trying to keep the type #1 priority and hoping for good color. [​IMG]

5. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I WANT these. . .

6. Well...no one's bid! LOL [​IMG]

7. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    My darn incubator has been weird recently. Do you have any other hen pictures? I wouldn't keep any of the roos.

Thanks!

8. You can't keep roos where you live? Just checking--because if you're not a fan of roos...these will change your mind! Clarence is VERY sweet...and pretty quiet. He does have a guttural, "smoker's crow," though! LOL

I'll see if I can find some more pics...my girls are bald right now so I'll have to search through some from last summer or fall...

Last edited: May 22, 2010
  9. BLaBauve

BLaBauve Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Georgia
    I wish I could keep Roos, and would keep them, they're just no legal where I am. I live close to Atlanta. Someday. . .

I am always able to find the roosters homes though.

10. Okay...here are some more pics...

LOL Abigail is concerned with Butters (he was just checking out their coop!) [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another shot of Clarence:
    [​IMG]

This was taken last spring:
    [​IMG]

And another shot of Clarence from last (early) spring:
    [​IMG]

I'm trying to find some photos of Mildred...not sure why I don't have more...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by