6+ LF Chocolate Brown Orpington Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tony, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    Read this CAREFULLY

Eggs will ship on Wednesday Jan. 5th. Paypal Only please.
    I have 6+ Brown,Bronze,Fudge,Coffee,Chocolate or Whatever YOU want to call them... Eggs. I will send any and all eggs laid between now and shipping time.
    These are Large Fowl Orpington eggs out of my 3 Pure Breed, 100% Orpington hens that are Chocolate Brown colored. The roo for these 6 eggs is a Lavender Project Orpington. So technically the chicks will hatch out as splits to lavender.
    These hens were born brown, they molt brown and grow back brown feathers. At NO point are, were or will these 3 hens be Black feathered birds.
    I make absolutely NO claim that these are "Chocolate" Orpington`s. They are dark brown and do not look reddish like the bantams shown for sale in the UK.
    PM me with any questions you have.
    Chick below was hatched out December 14th from these same birds/eggs.
    [​IMG]

2. cherylcohen

cherylcohen The Omelet Ranch

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    do you have pictures of the adults

3. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    I'd like to see some shot of the adults, too, please.

4. Tony

Tony Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2008
    Connecticut
    This is NOT, I repeat...NOT my bird, however this is the color of my hens, very similar to this. I don`t have any good pics of mine right now.
    [​IMG]

This is my first hen while she was molting last year, she looks horrible and surrounded by mud. lol Thats mud on her left wing, she has no black feathers what so ever. Those are 2 blues to her right.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  5. cherylcohen

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    Tony can you give us some details about number of roos and hens in the pen? Are they all similar in color? Are they SOP as far as american orpingtons go? Do you have a picture of your pen?

I think I have a lavender orpington of yours that came to me via Jeremy in Oakland, CA Does that sound familiar? [​IMG]

6. Nava

Nava I Got The Naked Neck Blues

Aug 2, 2009
    Ocala Fl
    I'm really interested in looking at your birds, I was hoping you would post some pics on your last auction, but maybe this time? [​IMG]

ETA, and if you do take some pics do it like the hen you showed us, the one that is not yours, the other pic of your hen is really not doing it for me, I can barely see her [​IMG]

7. WVchick71

WVchick71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2010
    Small Town
    I would like to see some pics of the actual birds also. Can you take some and post them?

Also what is the reserve?

8. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    Quote:Yes, I'm very interested in a good series of shots of the stock from which the eggs will come. It's important to see the ACTUAL birds, so that an investment can be considered with accurate understanding. I'm willing to invest, but want to know what that means, precisely.

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Quote:Yes, I'm very interested in a good series of shots of the stock from which the eggs will come. It's important to see the ACTUAL birds, so that an investment can be considered with accurate understanding. I'm willing to invest, but want to know what that means, precisely.

Me also.

Would like to see the three hens, the lav roo you are crossing them with and more pictures of the chicks you hatched from this crossing.

So exciting! [​IMG]

10. cherylcohen

Sep 18, 2009
    SF East Bay CA
    I also see the last auction never got shipped because it didn't meet the reserve. Is the reserve so high that we won't be able to afford it? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by