6 Light Sussex plus 6 Silver Sussex LF hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Hot2Pot, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Up for bids, hatching eggs from some of my favorite breeds here on the farm. People can't help being impressed by the sheer size of these birds. But they are gentle giants, i never have any issues from these gentlemen roos. I just enjoy seeing these birds forage around, the rooster on guard against any predators. The hens are good layers of big brown eggs. Light Sussex have a gorgeous contrast of the white body color against the black feathers around the neck and on the tail.I do have a Coronation rooster in one of my three pens of Light Sussex so you may get splits. The Silver Sussex are quite unusual, I had never seen any until I spied these birds and i had to have them! Even my husband was impressed , and that is going some! I always include extras as laid, wrap each egg individually and pack carefully. I cannot guarantee hatch rate on shipped eggs, but these are hatching well here. In fact, the chicks look so sweet i may not sell any of them!If you have any questions, please pm me. I aim to please, so if you have issues with any eggs i ship you, please contact me so i can rectify the probelm. These will ship asap after the end of the auction unless you have a special day you want them shipped, i will try to work with you. Thanks, Deb[​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Those Silver Sussexs are so pretty! [​IMG]

I just have a Coronation Sussex pullet from a batch of eggs. Hopeing to hatch a couple more next year!

3. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Thank you! They are wonderful birds:)

4. Chinchilla2

Chinchilla2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2011
    Red Rock
    I've got a batch of Deb's Silver Sussex eggs in my bator right now and when I candled the other day, all but one was perking right along. Deb has some great eggs and does a wonderful job in packing.

5. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Thanks, Cindy ! Let me know how your hatch goes!:) Deb

6. mrheinz77

mrheinz77 New Beginnings Poultry

May 22, 2011
    SE Wisconsin
    I'd think people would be bidding like crazy. These Silver Sussex are beautiful. Check out these pictures.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Thanks, Jim. They do hatch out to make some real cute chicks:) Deb

8. brahmas2010

brahmas2010 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2011
    Lamar
    beautiful silver sussex...congratulations!!!! beuatiful!!!!

9. Hot2Pot

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Thank you! These are the only birds of this breed I have ever seen. I was wondering who else in TN might have them.

10. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Me too. Lol. Wish I didnt have my orpingtons in mine now. [​IMG] even if I didnt I dont think my mom would let me have.more eggs [​IMG] beautiful birds though!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by