6 Mallard Drakes: Free to good home- CT

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Jimmyjaffee, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Jimmyjaffee

Jimmyjaffee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2013
    I have 6 male Mallard ducks that I need to sell because they are harassing the very few females that I have. Hopefully someone can give these beautiful friendly drakes a new home. They are capable of flight and many of them have developed stunning colors. Unfortunately I can not sell any females, just males. I live in Ridgefield CT, I cannot ship. They are free to whoever wants them that can provide a safe and loving home. Thanks.

Some pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BeckyWilson

BeckyWilson New Egg

Mar 22, 2014
    Connecticut
    Hello, I have a female who lost her sister about 2 weeks ago, I think she is in mourning as she is starting to go broody and never has before so I would love to get a companion for her. She is about 2 years old and is a pekin/ Swedish Campbell cross but looks just like a mallard. I live in Lebanon. Are any of these guys still available. Would you be able to deliver one?thank you

3. btjnark

btjnark Out Of The Brooder

Sep 21, 2011
    Hi. Do you still have the Mallards? I've never had a duck breed that can fly, neither my pen nor pond have a top cover... do you think they'll stay put, or am I not the right home for these guys?

4. ajlabs

ajlabs New Egg

Mar 22, 2013
    Wish you were closer. I lost all my ducks to a marauding raccoon last winter. I would love to take them.

5. Jimmyjaffee

Jimmyjaffee Out Of The Brooder

Jul 12, 2013
    Hello,

Sorry for replying so late, I haven't been on for awhile. Yes I still have some available, but they are great flyers and unfortunately an enclosure without a top will guarantee an escape. A pen with a top will probably be better suited for them. Thanks

-jimmy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by