1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6+ mixed pen silkie eggs - sold

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chickfever, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    to ship Saturday. $12 includes shipping

Can also put in some mixed eggs if you'd like.

Let me clarify [​IMG]. My silkies are in a pen by themselves so the eggs are pure silkie eggs, I just don't know what color the chicks will be. So pure silkies, unknown colors [​IMG].

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Can you put silkies in with regular chickens like BR and RIR? I just wonder because they seem so delicate!
    ~Rebecca

3. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    needmorechickens! :

Can you put silkies in with regular chickens like BR and RIR? I just wonder because they seem so delicate!
    ~Rebecca

I have mine in a separate pen to keep them from crossing with my mixed flock. I've heard both ways though, that the bigger chickens will pick on them and that they are fine together. Maybe if they were raised from chicks together there wouldn't be as much of a problem..... [​IMG] Maybe someone who has them together might chime in and let us both know [​IMG].​

4. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I have silkies, Light Brahmas, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes all in the same pen. The Silkies are about 4 months old and the others are 3 months old. They have been in the same pen together for about 2 months. They did have a day of getting their pecking order established, but no real terrorizing of eachother. They are all getting on quite well right now.

Once the LB's and BLRW get a bit bigger, they will each go into their own coops to prevent cross breeding.

5. turtle1173

turtle1173 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    SE Missouri
    Do you have any pics of your adults?

Thanks,
    Shane

6. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
  7. trishok8

trishok8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2008
    Scituate
    I have 3 silkies that came for MPC.
    When I ordered the silkies I also orderes 3 Astrolorps as well.
    I then adopted 2 Buff Orps, and a Braham and everyone get along GREAT. I will say that 2 of my silkie cling o the Orps, but one little girl just does her thing and nobody bothers her.

Maybe we were just lucky

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by