6 month chicken died during the night

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by kier, Oct 4, 2011.

1. kier

kier New Egg

Sep 14, 2011
    My sweet Goldie died during the night...I found her this morning on the coop floor. She wasnt attacked by anything. She was eating and drinking normally the day before...I had 5 girls and 1 rooster. I locked them in last night around 6 pm..they were all up on the roost already. I told them "goodnight and I love them"...and this morning she was dead. I dont know what could have happend to her. I am afraid the rest of the group will just drop dead as well. I am so sad about this! Does anyone have any ideas what could have happened to my sweet Goldie?

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Sorry for your loss. Pick your chickens up and visually inspect them for lice/mites, they may or may not have them. There's no telling what couldve caused Goldie's death. Sometimes these things happen to a chicken without any signs of trouble.

3. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that! I would be heart broken if I walked out one morning to find one of my girls gone. That's weird that she was acting fine the day before, when mine have gotten sick I can tell in their behavior. I hope everyone else is ok. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by