6 month old buff orpington roo diarrhoea/pasty butt

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by lilychemgirl, Apr 15, 2009.

1. lilychemgirl

lilychemgirl Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2009
    Hi, I have a 6 month old buff orp who has (I think) diarrhoea, and has a dirty butt. He is the only orpington I have, and the only boy. The girls butts look fine. Is it just because he has such a fluffy butt? I only really noticed it today, but he is so big he normally can't get up on the high perches and yesterday I built him a step (lol) so maybe I only noticed it today because his butt was at eye level for the first time?
    The chooks are semi free range and have access to dust, so the others keep pretty clean.
    Also, we are planning to eat him (as soon as my husband can bring himself to do the deed) so we don't particularly want to try any expensive/difficult remedies, we will probably just cull him if he is not well, but we don't want to eat him if it is likely to be anything that would be bad for us.
    Thanks in advance [​IMG]
    Lily

2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    I think he just has a messy bottom. I would watch and see what his poo looks like.(fun huh?)[​IMG] My cochins sometimes have this too, because they are so fuzzy! I'm sure someone else will help out more soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by