6 month old Silkies - Roosters? & what color??? - bigger pictures now!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChickenWendy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    these silkies are roughly 6-7 months old. i think they are boys but i'm not sure. no crowing and they are extremely docile. also, what color are they? i thought they were suppose to be blue splashes but they have some reddish/buff color in them. any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edited to fix pictures i think.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    The pics are a bit small, but I'd say you do have two cockerels. As for the color, it looks like a mixed color.

3. ChickenWendy

ChickenWendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    what size should the pictures be when i post them out of photobucket?

4. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    I just upload them to the largest size, when they're posted, they may look like the are too big and you may only see a portion of the pic, just refresh the page and you will see the whole pic.

5. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    I think you have 2 beautiful Pullets.

6. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Did you get that from your crystal ball? LOL LOL

Seriously, the pics are a little too small to accuratly guess. The one on the left resembles a Cockeral, but there really isn't any telling for certain without bigger pics.

Oh and the colors are DEFINITELY mixed. No pure colors there. If I had to guess I'd say a white and a blue or black was crossed...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2008
  7. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:Did you get that from your crystal ball? LOL LOL

Seriously, the pics are a little too small to accuratly guess. The one on the left resembles a Cockeral, but there really isn't any telling for certain without bigger pics.

Oh and the colors are DEFINITELY mixed. No pure colors there. If I had to guess I'd say a white and a blue or black was crossed...

No i did not and i don't need your rude comments either.

I can see the pictures clearly yes they are small and wish they was a bit bigger but from what My 6 month old pullets look like they look the same.

You can keep your rude comments to yourself. Thank you!

8. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:I apologize. I didn't mean that to sound rude. I guess it sounded funnier in my head than it did after it was typed out.

9. Teresaann24

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Quote:I apologize. I didn't mean that to sound rude. I guess it sounded funnier in my head than it did after it was typed out.

Thats ok somtimes words being typed and seen on a computer can seem rude when meant not to be.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  10. kentuckysilkies

kentuckysilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2007
    Winchester Kentucky
    They are both roosters and I would love to have one of them. I prefer mixed colors. I think the breeder was going fro Splash, but one of the parent birds was carrying a gene for red or buff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by