6 Month old Spangled Russian Orloff Pair

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I have for sale one pair of Spangled Russian Orloffs. These are from Erhard Weis (directly). The pullet was scalped by my older Orloffs but has recovered nicely. I have tried to reintroduce her to the flock and they are relentless about picking on her so I have decided to sell her. She does have some slightly crooked toes but not anything that would stop me from using her in a breeding program.

The cockerel is VERY docile and sweet. He has limped since I bought him. I have checked him over for injuries and have found none. He also has an odd tail angle and too much white for my taste as a breeder. I only have room for one pen of these guys and my older rooster will kill him if I try to keep them together.

I don't want to have to cull either because these are rare birds and this flock has been closed for years. I personally saw the parent birds and know the potential that these two could have on the breed if they go into the right hands of a dedicated breeder.

I am open to any/all offers on these two (I will be losing money on them no matter what), I just want them to go to a good home.

Sorry I do not ship. You will need to make arrangements to pick these two up in Omak or Okanogan, WA or I can deliver to certain areas for the cost of gas.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by