6 month old White orpington breeding pair upstate NY

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Jul 8, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    here we go-he was just getting ready to crow:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here she is-I love her fat fluffy butt!!! :-(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just started laying a few weeks ago:). I was hoping my incubating skills would be great for this batch they came from but alas-I rot with my bator:-( If I would have gotten 2 more girls with her I would be keeping them:-( I just can't build yet another coop for just the 2 of them as I need to shrink my flocks anyway-and I would love to see them go to another great home. They were hatched from HinkJC's eggs. They are very sweet -free-range 12 hours a day and under lock and key at night- all my birds have been dewormed with Ivermectin 1 month ago. Fed lots of great treats daily-very big healthy birds. I will NOT ship. I will, however, hold onto to these guys if they are paid for and you are coming to my chickenstock in upstate NY Oct 3rd:)

Thanks guys

2. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    Hi Natalie! [​IMG] They're really pretty! Hope you find a good home for them [​IMG]

3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

OOooHHhhh, [​IMG]I wish you lived closer I would buy them in a heartbeat. I just recently pickep up 1 Lavender Orp. Roo, 1 Lav Orp. Hen, & 3 Blk Orp Hens (that carry the Lav Gene). I would have loved to add them to my flock but, there is no way my Hubby will let me drive that far for my Chicky babes! Good luck selling them! Which I'm sure you won't have a problem since they are sooooo beautiful. Take Care, Beth

4. TiaView

TiaView Songster

Jun 14, 2010
    Salem
    Wish I was closer. They are beautiful! I'm an hour from Albany (North).

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thank hunny! I hate to do it because I waited a LOOONg time to get them and to have them hatch too!!! I do have a broody to hatch more but they are in a mixed pen right now when they are not free ranging so purity is not there:-( There is only two rood that could be dadies though hmmm.. the other is a FBCM what are the chances that the FBCM could be daddy to all eggs if I collect for a week????

6. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Beth G. :

OOooHHhhh, [​IMG]I wish you lived closer I would buy them in a heartbeat. I just recently pickep up 1 Lavender Orp. Roo, 1 Lav Orp. Hen, & 3 Blk Orp Hens (that carry the Lav Gene). I would have loved to add them to my flock but, there is no way my Hubby will let me drive that far for my Chicky babes! Good luck selling them! Which I'm sure you won't have a problem since they are sooooo beautiful. Take Care, Beth

Beth you coming to chickenstock in the Fall? There's others from CT coming:) Just saying [​IMG]

7. AmyJ

AmyJ Songster

Jan 21, 2009
    Wallkill, NY
    Quote:thank hunny! I hate to do it because I waited a LOOONg time to get them and to have them hatch too!!! I do have a broody to hatch more but they are in a mixed pen right now when they are not free ranging so purity is not there:-( There is only two rood that could be dadies though hmmm.. the other is a FBCM what are the chances that the FBCM could be daddy to all eggs if I collect for a week????

Oh I know! That was the hatch you were so bummed about! I'm trying to dowsize a bit too, and just focus on a few breeds. I'd love to get more I just dont have the coop space. And I also just go with my 3 hens that go broody lol. I stink at incubating too, and they do a much better job. Once I get homes for all the extra roos I have I will be happy lol. Hope someone takes them!!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY

Oh I know! That was the hatch you were so bummed about! I'm trying to dowsize a bit too, and just focus on a few breeds. I'd love to get more I just dont have the coop space. And I also just go with my 3 hens that go broody lol. I stink at incubating too, and they do a much better job. Once I get homes for all the extra roos I have I will be happy lol. Hope someone takes them!!

I know I have a ton of roos and it has come to the point where I would have to give them away! Ill process them before I do that:-(

9. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Hi, I'm kinda new to the sight and my hubby is old school which means he likes to breed and hatch his own but, lately isn't doing it. I would like to learn more about this chickenstock. YOu are the third person I've seen on here mention it. Where is it held and how would I get more info? Thanks, B

10. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Beth G. :

Hi, I'm kinda new to the sight and my hubby is old school which means he likes to breed and hatch his own but, lately isn't doing it. I would like to learn more about this chickenstock. YOu are the third person I've seen on here mention it. Where is it held and how would I get more info? Thanks, B

LOL Beth-I will be hosting a Fall chickenstock at my house Oct 3rd:) There are MANY chickenstock or swaps or gatherings-we ( our huge group of people) started calling it a chickenstock-I went to one At Jason ans Stephs house in PA May 23rd. First Official chickenstock within our areas. Now it will be the 2nd official chickenstock at my house-upstate NY:) I have many companies donating awesome prizes for our 50/50 raffles-egg silent auctions-chicken sales etc...I love to breed my own chickens and hatch my own eggs-thats my whole goal but I find as the months go by I want more that I dont have..A sickness reallt just like everyone who comes...LOL you are more than welcome to come~ It is on Sunday Oct 3rd 10-4pm. I have many people who are bringing their campers Sat staying the night wooping it up all day Sunday and leaving Monday ~Ill find the thread and post it here for you to read:)

Here you go! https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=353431

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by