6 Months Old and Finally The First egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by cheepchicks, Sep 16, 2007.

1. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Well I finally have had some eggs from my oldest chicks. I was so excited i forgot to take pics ! We now have 3 eggs. YAY [​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

YEAH!!! Thats great!! Congrats! Im still waiting on the Langshans...and the faverole. UGH! The little Phoenix, has been laying for weeks now. She is a good girl! LOL

3. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Hey Deb,

I just added sooooooooo many new chicks and keets to my already growing flock. I will post some pics in a few. I will have lots of keets next spring....I want you to have some and in all kinds of different colors...sky blue, coral blue, royal purple, pied, chocolate and lavendar. Look for the posts.

Kim

4. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Kim, I just looked at that post! LOL BEAUTIFULL!! I will be watching closely for the post next spring...I SOoooo want some!! Thanks!

5. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I plan on sending you an email and giving you enough keets to make you content ....LOL or overwhelmed however you want to look at it. Plus the turkeys will be laying in the spring and you will need a new hen as eve won't be able to provide you with any eggs.

6. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Oh Kim, you are so sweet to me. Thanks for thinking of me. Yes I will need a new hen...or 2 LOL.How many Turkeys can I fit in a 6ft x ft coop, thats 6 ft tall??? And a run thats about 10 x 14?

7. cheepchicks

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    Heck I dunno about the space again....I will look it up when I get home. As for being nice....LOL I am gonna be over run with guinea eggs I think I now have 25 guineas. LOLOLOL...I am really just being an enabler.

Kim

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by