6 months old still cant find her breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cary 1973, Oct 8, 2012.

1. cary 1973

cary 1973 Chillin' With My Peeps

so Chicken nugget aka little bite is 6 months old started laying yestereday brown/tan egg (it was her first one so its real small not totaly brown but not far from being white more tan) she has hardly any comb or waddles she is white and red I still dont know what she is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    If that's a rose comb-she could be a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte(splash color)-her pattern/lacing is not what I would expect for that coloration, so she could be a mix.

3. cary 1973

she has the same body type as my exchequer leghorn same feathering too her coloring is redish brown her comb is light red

4. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    looks like a wyandotte mix...did she come from a hatchery or a breeder?

5. cary 1973

horse feed store

6. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    she could be a very poor example of a wyandotte if they get their chicks from a hatchery but i know some stores get theirs from local breeders so there is a chance that thats what they did and she is a mix

7. cary 1973

another head shot she is laying egg in this pic it also shows her coloring and pattern much better (she likes to lay her egg in my pet rats nest
    [​IMG]

8. hdowden

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    what color was the egg? that is a rosecomb...

9. cary 1973

she only has layed 2 eggs there not white there not brown more of a tan thats on the browner side I sure hope that makes sence my buff orphington when she did lay with shells on her eggs where brown and there not that brown

10. Lots A Cluckin

Lots A Cluckin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2012
    looks to me like she has a pea comb not a rose....look at the first pic you can see the rows on her comb

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by