6 months, small, splash, rose-comb, brown eggs: what is she???

sevenbabychicks

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 9, 2010
Saint Paul, MN
Hi all,

For the past half-year I've been getting home from work and googling chicken breeds in effort to figure out what my little Knephla might be. Every night I fail. I got her from MPC and she doesn't match any of the breeds there... This past week she started laying round brown eggs that are on the small side. Knephla herself is small; I'm guessing about 2 lbs. Any insight would be VERY much appreciated!

btw, the pics don't show her bantamy posture very well. Her long wings pretty much touch under her tail!

67450_p1010385.jpg

67450_p1010400.jpg

67450_p1010391.jpg

Quote:
Naw, she was the same size as my other standard-size chicks when i got them all back in the fall. I'm just thinking that she might have some bantam in her because she's matured to such a small size.... with smallish eggs. Perhaps a rosecomb bantam roo covered an EE hen? I have a black andalusian roo and I really want to hatch some of her eggs to get some blue watchamacallems!
smile.png

if you go to mypetchicken and click on the assorted breeds and rare breeds, they have some splash breeds...I really don't know what she is though. yeah, I'm stupid...not a leghorn, she has red earlobes.

Back
Top Bottom