6 months, small, splash, rose-comb, brown eggs: what is she???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sevenbabychicks, Mar 15, 2011.

1. sevenbabychicks

sevenbabychicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Hi all,

For the past half-year I've been getting home from work and googling chicken breeds in effort to figure out what my little Knephla might be. Every night I fail. I got her from MPC and she doesn't match any of the breeds there... This past week she started laying round brown eggs that are on the small side. Knephla herself is small; I'm guessing about 2 lbs. Any insight would be VERY much appreciated!

btw, the pics don't show her bantamy posture very well. Her long wings pretty much touch under her tail!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. banjoejoe4783

banjoejoe4783 VILLAMIL FARMS

Oct 6, 2010
    westville ok
    it looks like you have a OOPS what have we here

3. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    She looks like a....rosecomb...splash...leghorn bantam...LOL I don't know! I even went on feathersite....She gorgeous though!

4. LindsayB

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Are you sure shes a bantam?

5. sevenbabychicks

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Quote:Naw, she was the same size as my other standard-size chicks when i got them all back in the fall. I'm just thinking that she might have some bantam in her because she's matured to such a small size.... with smallish eggs. Perhaps a rosecomb bantam roo covered an EE hen? I have a black andalusian roo and I really want to hatch some of her eggs to get some blue watchamacallems! [​IMG]

6. sevenbabychicks

Sep 9, 2010
    Saint Paul, MN
    Quote:Hah! Thanks! You know, maybe she is all of the above! Wait... the brown eggs might pose a problem here though [​IMG]

7. LindsayB

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    if you go to mypetchicken and click on the assorted breeds and rare breeds, they have some splash breeds...I really don't know what she is though. yeah, I'm stupid...not a leghorn, she has red earlobes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by