6 Mottled Houdan Eggs "Standard" pics now posted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NEK38583, Feb 17, 2011.

1. NEK38583

NEK38583 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    I have up for auction 6 standard mottled houdan eggs. They are laying like crazy right now and are a excellant rare breed that needs more breeders. I always try to send extra. If you have and questions feel free to ask.

Shipping is $12.00 extra. As of right now I do not have a paypal account so I can only accept money orders or checks. Sorry for any inconvience.

Here is the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the crest would be better, but last fall I had them in temporary with guineas did not work out to well they are just now going back. Sorry some of the pics turn out bad I am not the best at taking pics sorry [​IMG] I am getting better through ! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  2. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Would love pictures. Around how big are yours? The 8+lbs like a standard or smaller closer to bantam?

3. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    I am not sure how much they weigh. I say the roo weighs 8 lbs, but I think it is because he is a little fat [​IMG] They are not as small as the bantams. I say they are just a tad shorter than my standard polish. I would say just a couple centimeters. I will try to get some pics tommorrow afternoon saturday morning the latest. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. I hope that was helpful.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Oooooh Houdan eggs. [​IMG]

I NEED photos [​IMG] I'd like to know how big the wattles are on the roo, or if he has any, how big his crest is, how big the crests are on the girls, and how the body is. Meaty, skinny, upright, horizontal, etc.

5. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    The body is more upright. In my opinon the hens seem more meety than the roo/ The crest are pretty full on most. Of course, last fall I put guinea in with them just for the night until I fix a place for them, and some of the lost their crest because of that and they are just now starting to grow back. That was a here your sign moment on my part [​IMG] I am still planning on getting pictures this afternoon if nothing doesn't happen. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thanks !!

6. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Pics have been posted. Thanks !!!!!!!!

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh my gosh- I'll be right over!

8. Colie <3

Colie <3 Collecting my Cuties

Feb 3, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    I can't devote the time at the moment but I still think these are AWESOME! OP you should keep working on these guys so pretty and sorta unusual! Keep posting eggs when you can I don't think enough people have this birds IMO and they are so cool [​IMG]

9. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Nice bodies! Don't care for the crests at all though, but I'm definitely going to be watching this very closely. [​IMG] Can I see pics of the male(s) ?

10. NEK38583

May 17, 2008
    Sparta, TN
    Thanks-I will try to get another pic of my main roo. I thought I had a good one, but I accidently cut off his head. As you can tell I am not the best photgrapher. I think the crest would have been a lot better if I had never put the guineas in with them, that was here your sign moment on my part, they really done a number on them and they are just now starting to get back when they are suppose to be.

Thanks so much. I am getting bantams eggs this spring from a great breeder here on BYC and next year hopefully I will have standard and bantam.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by