6 new crossed babies...got them today, NEW PICS ADDED!!!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by logansmommy7, Jun 19, 2009.

1. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    I just got actually 5 pullets from a lady who raises chickens up the road and they are beautiful! I think the will turn out nice as the rooster that is their dad was an Aracauna. The hen (mother) was a golden comet (red sex-link)...the babies are all buff color and one is solid white, and I am almost positive all pullets, with green leggs. Will they all lay blue or green eggs-i.e., is that a dominant trait that will carry through? I think this should be a good cross...

Anyone had a cross like this before??

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  2. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    Here are some pics of the new babies:

First, a group shot-all but the black and white one are pullets (I think)
    [​IMG]

Our new boy and little white girl-Ladybug which my daughter named her because she likes going after bugs:
    [​IMG]

Our little pretty girl (yet to be named):
    [​IMG]

And another little girl (yet to be named):
    [​IMG]

And finally, girl #5-Cally because she reminds us of calico (she is the one on the right):
    [​IMG]

These are all pullets, right (except for the black and white one), what is he??

Thanks for looking!

3. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    I am no authority on the matter, but my guess on the roo would be a barred rock.

4. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

They all look like cross breeds. If the father was a proper araucana they all ought to lay blue or green eggs. The black & white bird looks like he's related to a laced bird.

5. The black and white chick looks like my Silver Laced Wyandottes, but lighter. How old are they? And are you sure HE isn't a SHE? He's got a nice red color on the comb, but its small and where are his wattles?

Oh, and I'm a bit of a chicken noob, so there is a 100% chance that I am WAAAAAAY wrong!

[​IMG]

6. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    silver laced wyandotte was my other choice- I cheated and looke on the mcmurry hatchery site to see what chooks had the black and white checkering.

7. logansmommy7

logansmommy7 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Shenandoah Valley
    I'm pretty sure he is a he-he was sparring with our other young roo...it was actually kinda crazy, within 2 minutes of introducing them, they sparred. None of the rest have done that. Someone on here thinks he might be part polish.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: