6 New Girls!

mandelyn

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 30, 2009
Mt Repose, OH
My Coop
My Coop
Well I officially have a small back yard flock now. Two of them have been stripped down the back by roosters, so I'm giving extra protein to aid in feather growth. But here's the list...

1 New Hampshire Red
1 Black Astralorp
1 Splash Maran
1 White Leghorn
1 Bantam Blue Cochin
1 Bantam Frizzle Cochin.

The Splash Maran and Leg Horn are babies, feathered peepers. The Frizzle cochin is missing the most feathers and the others pick on her, so I put her in with the babies. The blue cochin has an attitude, so she's with the big girls to get an adjustment to her thinking. I have them in big wire dog crates for now, to get a roof on the run tomorrow and to finish up on the indoor area.

But I couldn't pass these girls up! Coop will be done tomorrow, close enough.

The Splash Maran is by far the sweetest. Not sure on the rest yet, need to get to know them.

I should have eggs like.. tomorrow. I did bring home 2 Spitzhauben eggs, and today's eggs from the Cochins. All 4 adults have been in with roosters, so I'm hatching the next 2 weeks worth of eggs.

So excited!

What NO pictures?? Come on!
smile.png

It's dark out! Don't I get a 24 hour grace period?

I do need before and after shots, from caged and dirty with "rooster rash" on the backs to the transition into the single ladies life of cush suburban living.

Didn't think I'd manage to pull off a mixed flock from the same location, but there they are!

The New Hampshire.. I swear she could be a rooster... just without spurs. And a crow. She has a hen cluck, and a massive comb.

The Splash Maran is going to be the favorite, I can tell.

REALLY excited about the Spitzhauben eggs, hopefully they're not both roosters. Incubator is plugged in, will set them after I know the temp will hold steady.

Back
Top Bottom