1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

**6+ (Now 8+) Paint Silkie /Possible Showgirl Eggs** Many pics!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Shayna, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Shayna

Shayna I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    6+ Paint Eggs, with possibility of hatching showgirls. ETA: 6 eggs collected between 12/6 and 12/9, there should be at least 8 eggs ready to ship Monday.

I have 2 hens currently laying in my paint flock, plus Dottie, who appears to have gone broody so eggs may not come from her, just Olive and Buffy. This auction will be for 6 eggs plus any extras I get before shipping Monday, December 12th.

Paints can be unpredictable in colors of hatching offspring, but they seem to be hatching out a lot of paints. All four of my breeding roos are paint (one is a showgirl). Pictures of them are below. I do have gorgeous paint babies from them. Pictures of their babies are below. All breeders have 5 toes. The fertility I’m finding in the eggs I’m incubating is great, but I cannot guaranty hatch rates with shipped eggs. I had development in 100% of the eggs I incubated last month from these birds.

They will be shipped by USPS Priority Mail, which typically takes 2-3 days. I will not be responsible for any accidents in the mail since I cannot control what happens when they leave. I will ship within continental US only, excluding HI, AK. If your state has restrictions on receiving shipped eggs, please contact me prior to bidding. I will individually wrap each egg and package with care. I will not mark it as eggs, since I’ve heard too many instances of boxes marked eggs having more “accidents” but will mark the box as fragile. Paypal payment is due the day auction closes.

Since I cannot control the hens laying, if they should slow down and I am unable to collect the minimum by the shipping date, the buyer would have the option to cancel order or wait for additional eggs.

If you do not accept my terms, please do not bid. If you have additional questions, I’m happy to answer them.

My breeding roos – all bearded except showgirl, which has bowtie:

Showgirl Roo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint Roo 1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint Roo 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paint Roo 3 (SOLD 11/28)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The girls:

Buffy (she does have some small spots, great fluff)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Olive (black hens tend to help keep dark pigmentation in paint offspring)
    All fluffed up after a bath and blowdry-
    [​IMG]
    With Roo #2
    [​IMG]

Dottie (only not-bearded hen and is broody so probably will not get eggs from her)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The girls hard at work:
    Dottie & Olive
    [​IMG]

Buffy
    [​IMG]

Roosters with Dottie and Olive:
    [​IMG]

Chicks hatched from my flock:
    Early Oct. hatch:
    [​IMG]
    some babies hatched may have vaulted skull like the one on the right

same babies as above now, now 8wks- (more spots showing)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11/14 hatch - 2 eggs incubated, both hatched
    [​IMG]

Chicks from 12/4 hatch: (1 very nice paint shown in first 2 pics, 1 black, and the rest either have smaller spots or no spots showing yet. They may or may not develop spots later. The small spots tend to get bigger when feathers come in as shown in above pics.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    All chicks I've hatched have had 5 toes like the rest of my flock.

If you'd like to see my full flock, look here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=102225

Thanks
    for looking!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  2. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    can you delay the shipping for about a week.

3. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Quote:Sure, I can ship on another date as requested. I began collecting the eggs yesterday, and I keep them stored in a cool, dark place, rotating regularly. I am fine with shipping as late as the winning bidder would like. Payment would still be due at auction close.

4. Floridachicken1958

Floridachicken1958 Lost but not forgotten

Jun 10, 2011
    CENTRAL FLORIDA
    ok Thank You!

5. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Quote:You're welcome [​IMG]

6. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    6 eggs have been collected between 12/6 and 12/9. I expect there will be at least a couple more by Monday so I have updated the auction to 8+ eggs. [​IMG]

Thanks for looking.
    Shayna

7. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Quote:I would grab these eggs up. I have some under broodies and 12 of them are developing very well. Woohoo [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Shayna

Aug 2, 2011
    Midwest
    Quote:Thanks CJ, I'm glad your broodies are taking such great care of them! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by