6 out of 7 ain't bad!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wanda047, May 4, 2009.

1. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    I couldn't be at home to watch the chicks hatch since my son's in the hospital, but just received word that 6 of the 7 eggs in my bator hatched successfully. These eggs were shipped from shelleyd2008 and I could not have been more pleased. No broken eggs in shipment! [​IMG]

This was my first hatching and in a LG incubator. Had very few issues with temp/humidity, but did have to keep a close eye on it and adjust when room temps changed due to weather changes, etc. I can't believe I did so well! I figure 6 out of 7 ain't so bad!! [​IMG]

My son emailed me these thumbnails earlier. Can't wait to get home and see the chicks for myself and get some better photos to share. I have one Mille fleur and 5 cochins. My second MF did not hatch.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Congrats on the new chicks![​IMG]

3. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Congrats on the chicks! Hugs on the son in the hospital.

4. Garden Gal

Garden Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Virginia
    Congrats on the fuzzy kids and good thoughts coming to the "skinned" kid, too!

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    What cuties!! That little cochin has a lot of white on it, looks like it will have very good mottling!!

And 6 of 7 is better than good, that is great!! [​IMG] I don't think I have ever had a hatch that good, even on my own eggs! Tell me ALL your secrets!! [​IMG]

6. wanda047

wanda047 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Hardy, Arkansas
    Quote:Just do everything they tell you NOT to do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by