6 Polish Hens to Good, Loving Home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by loralei, Nov 19, 2009.

1. loralei

loralei Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    I have 5 buff Polish and 1 golden Polish that I need to "relocate". I have 23 hens of different breeds, including the Polish gals, that are about 25-26 weeks old. I also have 20 more that are 4 weeks old that will eventually be added to the flock. The poor Polish gals are picked on relentlessly and I don't see it getting any better.

My roo has taken a fancy to one of them and is pulling out the feathers on her head and they are bullied just terribly by the others; the poor darlings have almost no tail feathers at all. Other than looking dreadful they are completely healthy. They are fed a high quality diet and have plenty of feed and water available to them. They have not started laying yet but per the McM website (that's where I got them) "they are prolific layers of medium sized white eggs".

With all my other chickens, dogs, and horses and the upcoming holidays I do not have time to build them a separate coop/yard. I do not want to get rid of them but see no other option. I just want them to enjoy their lives... to peck happily in a yard where they don't have to worry about the other hens attacking them. They are somewhat of a novelty and could truly be beautiful birds if not for my others. It is important to me that they go to a good, loving home. I want them to be and they deserve to be happy! I live in New Caney, Texas and would gladly deliver them a reasonable distance.

Thank you for reading my post!

Kind regards,
    Laura

2. Pampered Chicken

Pampered Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    Wish you were closer.

3. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

Wish you were closer too......Polish are my favorite. [​IMG]

4. busterduck

busterduck Out Of The Brooder

Oct 16, 2009
    Mechanicsville, MD
    Would you ship? I would LOVE to have them.

5. Too bad you are so far away. We have 6 or so buffs, a few goldens and some nice babies that are out free ranging every day. They are never bothered by any of the flock. We just love 'em.

6. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    Wow! I truly appreciate all the responses! I will consider shipping only if I can not place them locally very soon.

They are so delicate compared to the rest of my gals. I recieved 6 golden Polish and there is just the one left! I did not lose any of the buff but the others are just unmerciful to them! It breaks my heart seeing them mistreated so by their own!

7. ThePolishPrincess

ThePolishPrincess Chillin' With My Peeps

I wish you luck. I also have taken a fancy to Polish over the years. It's a shame you haven't had better luck with them. I hope you find a local taker, and if not, someone who will give them a great home.

8. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    Where is New Caney? I'm up in southern DFW area.

9. loralei

Jun 4, 2009
    New Caney, Texas
    New Caney is northeast of Houston. I think we are about 3 1/2 hours from Dallas.

10. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Argh! I wish you were closer. And if I had the money, I'd be up for shipping. I have a white polish roo and no polish hens! So for now he's having to settle with my single Houdan hen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by