6+ Pumpkin Hulsey hatching eggs/Greenfire Farms line ship Aug 15 week

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Aug 4, 2011.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    These were bought as baby chicks. We've been hatching off for weeks and have expanded our flock, sold about 30 chicks and are ready to sell some of these eggs! We have hatched over 50 babies! and it's time to share....

These will ship the week of August 15, 2011.

These are such colorful birds as you can tell from the photo of the Main Rooster whose name is Orangeade!

[​IMG]

We were interested in Greenfire Farms in Florida birds because of the color and history of these fine birds. We let two of the roosters free range on our farm and have seen them chase off predators, including hawks! These are very protective and colorful roosters and yet friendly enough to be petted!

We bought these from Jonathan, a BYC member who bought directly from Greenfire Farms. He shared his documentation with us so that we know our birds are Greenfire offsprings!

The history of these birds is fascinating and I will say that their egg size is surprisingly big for such a bird. We are waiting to see if the little hens will be broody but they are too young to be broody but are supposed to be very good broodies as they get older...I'm delighted with this because we like for hens to raise their young!

We ship eggs the way we like to receive them. It takes time but it is well worth the time to ship eggs thoroughly carefully and double boxed with lots of cushioning. The price for shipping and handling includes, selecting, handling, wrapping, packing AND driving to the post office so that they do not ride around on bumpy country roads all day!!! Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

For more information about our full time farm, please visit our website http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/ or our blog http://thegarryfarm.blogspot.com or Facebook The Garry Farm
    or facebook The Garry Farm

Please message me with any questions you might have. Thanks and have a blessed day.

2. ItsAZOO32

ItsAZOO32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    Titusville, Fl.
    Hi there [​IMG] Do you have some pictures of the hens? I can't keep roosters where I live but he is lovely!!

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    The hens are quite diverse in their coloring and that's one thing that I so like about them! In addition to their demeanor and egg size! The pictures below are from when they were only about 2 to 3 months old. I'll try to get more photos tomorrow. It is drizzling/raining today - much needed but not a good photo day!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.181401875237626.41099.100001034452118&l=f0bc47ba2a&type=1

If you have trouble seeing them go to my page on facebook and ask to be a friend to see the photos.

Again, tomorrow I'll try to post more photos!

4. LAseramas KP

LAseramas KP Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    LA , SoCal
    beautiful rooster I love the color on him

5. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    The hens are so beautiful too! Very nice flock and eggs!!!

6. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    Very pretty. What color are their eggs?

7. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Eggs are creamy colored on the lighter side.

8. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Looks like I'm going to double stack an incubator, because these are just too nice to be scrambled.....Please keep me from this and buy these lovely ones!!!

9. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Sorry Bargain! It is just too hot to expect those poor eggies to make it here. Otherwise I'd be all over it!!

10. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Not a problem, I also want to mention that I will add an ice pack to the mailing if the buyer wants, but it will need to be a higher shipping cost to reflect the purchae as well as the extra mailing weight!! Have a blessed day..

Nancy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by