Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
Rare Feathers Farm is proud to offer:

6+ hatching eggs from my rare breeds flock. These eggs are from my standard Black Sumatra pen. These are QUALITY birds from two select breeders, combined into one breeding program (mine!) None of my birds have come from hatcheries. My breeding rooster has three spurs per leg and a nice, dark comb. Both sexes have bright yellow soles of their feet.

DSCN4313-1.jpg

PLEASE NOTE: This line is an exhibition one, NOT hatchery stock. These birds have not only been chosen for their type but also for their temperament. These are NOT "fighting lines" and are sold for legal purposes only.

One of my pullets won RESERVE BEST OF BREED (out of 7 others) in March 2010 at the Cascade Spring Poultry Show in Monroe, Washington! I am taking two hens this month to the same show.

DSCN4072.jpg

I chose this rooster because he is very gentle with the girls and had the darkest comb. I have 100% fertility and 100% hatch rate with these here on the farm and 85% with shipped eggs! These birds have very friendly, highly intelligent temperaments. They are a joy to have around and the girls lay right through the hottest part of the summer!

DSCN4475.jpg

FAST PAYMENT IS CRITICAL IN GETTING THESE MAILED OUT IN A TIMELY MANNER!

Breed Comments / Experience: If you are interested in getting into long tail chickens, Sumatras are an excellent choice because they are relatively easy keepers & very hardy. Sumatras are beautiful chickens with their flowing tails. The more space you can give your Sumatra the happier he will be. They do not like close confinement. They prefer to roost as high as they can get.

DSCN4463.jpg

Both hen and rooster are doting parents and fierce in protecting their young. Following is some information from the American Poultry Association Standard of Perfection:

Standard Weights:

* Cock 5 pounds
* Cockerel 4 pounds
* Hen 4 pounds
* Pullet 3 ½ pounds

According to the standard colors for both males and females:

* Comb, face, (almost no) wattles and earlobes: Gypsy color (which is a deep purple)
* Beak: Black
* Eyes: Dark Brown
* Shanks and Toes: Black to dark willow, black preferred. Bottom of feet: yellow
* Plumage: Very lustrous, greenish black throughout
* Under color of all sections: Dull black

Disqualifications:

* White earlobes
* Some white in feathers (for specifics see APA standard of Perfection)
* Spurs of any kind on females

DSCN4023-1.jpg

Hatching Info:

Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch!

DSCN2679.jpg

Additional Shipping Info:

Each egg will be individually wrapped to prevent breakage while they are in transit. I will send any/all extras just in case any of the eggs do crack or break.

DSCN4461.jpg

I will ship the eggs as close to the beginning of the week as possible (I ship on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & sometimes, on Thursdays) so they will not sit at the post office over the weekend. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me, I will be more than happy to answer you!

Fine Print:

I guarantee fresh and eggs of the breed auctioned. However, I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my farm--such as shipping & handling, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

I cannot guarantee hatch-ability due to many variables out of my control after the eggs leave my farm-shipping, incubation equipment, and incubation methods.

DSCN3084-1.jpg

Patience

Please remember I am not a 24-hour fast food place where you can order and expect service immediately! I am doing this as a hobby and I work as fast and efficiently as the time allows. I do have a 40+ hour per week "real job." I cannot guarantee specific availability dates, as I cannot guarantee the laying rate of each of the many breeds that I have. I will get to each and every person that places an order - in the order the date that I receive that order through the web store.

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING POLICY:
PayPal only please, NO E-CHECKS! Eggs are TIME-SENSITIVE & CANNOT SIT AROUND FOR A WEEK WAITING FOR CHECKS TO CLEAR without comprising hatch-ability! Please READ THIS & UNDERSTAND PRIOR TO BIDDING!

I ONLY SHIP WITHIN THE U.S. SORRY, I CANNOT SHIP TO HAWAII, PR OR ASIA, EITHER!

Payment must be received within 7 days of auction end or item will be re-listed & negative feedback WILL be left!

GOOD LUCK & HAPPY HATCHING!

DSCN4315-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom