6+Red Bantam Cochin Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by CochinCowgirl, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CochinCowgirl

CochinCowgirl Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    6+ eggs of my project red bantam Cochins from the quad pictured below. These eggs are perfect for someone else who is working on reds or would like to have red bantam Cochins which can be difficult to find. Eggs will be packed and shipped correctly. Paypal only.

Please note this cock is not in great feather condition in this photo.
    [​IMG]
    This pullet won reserve red at the Crossroads show in Indy, this year.
    [​IMG]
    This older hen lacks type but is perfect color.
    [​IMG]
    This pullet is over all pretty nice. Nice loose feathering which is hard to get on the reds.
    [​IMG]

2. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    WOW!!! Those are some VERY nice Red's. I plan to breed Red's and make them better. You have a great start here, and I hope to find birds this nice in the Spring to start with. Very nice birds, in love!

~Casey

3. CochinCowgirl

Oct 15, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Thank you. These birds here are about two years worth of work. I expect at least another 3yrs to get them up to comparable type of a black or white. Not many people are working on them so finding red stock in general can be trying in the least. I MAY have some young stock available for sale late summer early fall if you are still looking since you are close enough for pick up. I will tell you the hardest thing is getting the black out of the cock birds tail feathers and the black out of the hens wings. This cock here is completely free of black and in general a decent type to breed from this year.

4. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    I have started breeding Red by crossing in White for better type. Only ended up with one little cockerel, but he has much better type like the Whites than the Red I started with. I just love this variety and wished there were better Reds around.

~Casey

5. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Mr. Ree :

I have started breeding Red by crossing in White for better type. Only ended up with one little cockerel, but he has much better type like the Whites than the Red I started with. I just love this variety and wished there were better Reds around.

~Casey

I'm working on Reds too - I have a glorious rooster and one breeder quality pullet right now.

Have eggs on the way to my incubator [​IMG]

6. CochinCowgirl

Oct 15, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    What was your out come crossing white?

7. Mr. Ree

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    i ended up with a little cockerl that is Pyle colored. He was baige colored as a chick, and as he matures his color is gettig more Red/Orange. His type is much improved from what I started with, but he is still only 3 months old so he has alot of filling out to do. I didnt expect to get very far with the first cross, I just wanted to cross in the White to improve type a little better. Alot of people had mentioned crossing in Black to improve type, but that seems like to much work to try and get the Black out of the feathers, figured it woul be much easier with White, as White has been determined that in Cochins it is recessive. Thought it would be easier to breed over Red for type. Now I am just looking for some decent Red pullets to put with this little guy next Spring so I have something to work with. I also am working on Silver Laced Btms as well.

~Casey

8. CochinCowgirl

Oct 15, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ive already collected four eggs from the past two days. I will continue to collect until Monday when I ship them out!!!

9. CochinCowgirl

Oct 15, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Attention! This is will be my ONLY and LAST red auction until mid to late summer of next year!!

10. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    If Chocolate was available in Cochins, these would still be prettier. LOVE them. Absolutely gorgeous.
    If you were looking for a nicer alternative to chocolate, I would turn to these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by