1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 SERAMA HATCHING EGGS MAINE

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amainehenhouse, Dec 1, 2008.

1. amainehenhouse

amainehenhouse Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2008
    I will have 6 Serama hatching eggs Ready to ship Monday Dec. 8th. $25.00 Includes shipping costs! I perfer you use Paypal to pay, that way it makes shipping faster. These are very fertile eggs and will be securely packed. IF I HAVE EXTRAS I WILL ADD THEM TO THE 6!
    I have some in incubator ready to hatch this Friday, if everything goes right!
    PLEASE NOTE: I CAN NOT GARANTEE THE HATCH OUTCOME, AS ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN BETWEEN SHIPPING AND YOUR INCUBATOR.

THESE EGGS ARE FROM TINY TYPE A.
    THEY ARE SO MUCH FUN TO WATCH AND GROW, IN FACT ITS AMAZING TO SEE WHAT COLORS YOU GET!

THIS IS THE ROOSTER (CURLY) USED WITH A BLACK SERAMA HEN.
    [[​IMG]url=YourLinkGoesHere][/url]

2. Slightly Cracked

Slightly Cracked Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2008
    N.E Oklahoma
    How difficult are sermas to hatch?? Do theyhave difficulty getting out of thier shell? Do they need extra TLC??
    I would love to try a need breed, but these guys are so tiny they make me nervous. [​IMG]

SC

3. amainehenhouse

amainehenhouse Out Of The Brooder

Nov 6, 2008
    Not to worry Mother hen! LOL! the Serama eggs take 19 days to hatch @ incubator temp of 101 -102 degrees, humidty @50 -60%.
    Just sit back and relax and I know the waiting will be tough!
    When you frist recieve the eggs, let them set out in an egg box for a day to settle to room temp, then place in the incubator. Around the 8th day you can candle them. I candle mine on the 8th, 16th, day of incubation. On the 16th day I take them out of the egg turner, lay them in the incubator with pointed end down, on the 19th day you should have little babies peeping!
    Hope this helps you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by