6 ++ Shamo Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by josh44, Jan 28, 2011.

1. josh44

josh44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2008
    San Antonio Texas
    6 ++ Bantam Shamo Hatching Eggs. I am not to sure if these are bantams are not they just went up in weight, they are 3-4 lbs

Color Will Range From Wheaton, Cuckoo, Black, & Creole/Golden Barred.

I don't offer any specific color, but just ask I may be ably to send more of one color than another if available.

My Bantam Shamos are currently lay again 3-4 eggs a day. I have two trios 1 wheaton pair & 1 cuckoo hen this trio is currently laying eggs.

Wheaton X Wheaton = Wheaton chicks.
    Wheaton x Cuckoo = Creole/ Golden Barred chicks.

My black shamos trio picked up on eggs,

Black Roo x 2 black hens = all black chicks

My Shamo Bantams are 8 months - 1 yr old old & have been laying for several months now.

My shamo hens are about 1.5 -2 lbs & roosters are about 2-3 lbs. & about 1 ft at their tallest .

ABOUT THE SHAMOS BREED & ORGINS:

The Shamo is a hardy Oriental Breed of chicken, Shamos are a hard featherd breed of chicken from Japan, which was originated in Thailand. The name "Shamo" was a corruption of "Siam" during the early Edo period but has been selectively bred for several hundred years.

Shamos are tall, with a rather upright stance; they have the typical Oriental 'bird of prey" expression, with heavy brow ridges and short, sturdy beak.

Eyes are usually pearl, the comb is pea, wattles are small or non-existent, and the feathering is exceedingly short and hard, to the extent that the breastbone is left bare.

Shamo are broad shouldered and heavily boned. Tails are small, and generally follow the line of the back sloping downward to the ground

Colors in the American standard include Black, Black Breasted Red (Wheaten), and Dark, and colors in the Japanese standard include Akasasa (red-hackled), Kisasa (yellow-hackled), Shojo (brown), Goishi (mottled), Abura (dark red-hackled), Hakushoku (white), Asagi (blue), and Kokushoku (black).

KEEPING/ KEEPING SHAMO SHAMO:

When keeping Shamo is that they should mature slowly. A bird of either sex is not adult until about two years old. Roosters of ten months will look a very different from a bird after another year.

No feeding high protein diets to chicks! No Turkey or Gamebird Starter ! Simple chick starter will do. To much protein can cause an OVER WEIGHT BIRDS.

SHAMO AS MOTHERS :

Shamos are generally easy to handle and pleasant tempered, as well as being outstanding broodies & mothers & are very protective of their chicks. They will protect their chicks from almost anything.

Shamo Hens go broody very easily, So eggs have to be collected daily unless you want chicks running everywhere.

I am am getting great hatches & fertility, from my shamo bantams.

SHIPPING & EGGS :

With Shipping eggs, There are never any guarentees, Please know the risk of shipping hatching eggs.

The shipping process is or can be a rough one, eggs are somtimes rough handled by the PO, & are always x-rayed often to leading to some loss in fertility but not always. So for these reasons there are never any guaretees with shipped eggs.

My shipping experiences have always been positive with both shipping & recieving hatching eggs.

We use tons of shreaded paper, & bubble wrap, & include as many extras as possible when available. So you have better chances of hatching more chicks.

I Ship USPS, Priority Mail Shipping with Delivery Confirmation.

PayPal Only, payment must be made with in 24 hrs of purchase.

Eggs Will Be shipped Aprox.
    Tuesday
    February 1, 2011.
    With Delivery Confirmation.

If for what ever reason I am unable to ship Eggs you will recieve a full money back refund.
    Or Be placed on a waiting list, your choice.

Sorry I will Not ship to Hawaii, Alaska, or Puerto Rico.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    I WILL have some of these one day soon. Nice looking birds!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by