1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6+ Silkie and Sizzle mix

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by emvickrey, Oct 19, 2011.

1. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    Up for auction is what is laid out of my Silkie and Sizzle pens. The Silkies are separated by color in pens. The girls laying are in the bbs pen and one in the partridge pen. The whites are broody. There are a couple girls laying in the Sizzle pen but i'm not sure which ones exactly. I get 1 to 3 eggs a day from that pen
    I will begin to gather eggs a day before this auction ends to ensure the freshest eggs shipped. Each egg will be bubble wrapped and secured upright in a box surrounded by shredded paper. I've started including insurance on the package due to errors with the post office recently. This only insures that if your box gets lost the post office "claims" to pay the value or the cost of whats in the package and the cost of the shipping. It does not cover broken or damaged eggs. I also include delivery confirmation. If there happens to be a mishap with the package during transit I will do my best to resolve the issue.
    Payment is expected at end of auction. If not received, eggs collected will go to the next buyer providing they are not over 4 days old. I do not ship eggs older than 4 days. I do not ship outside of the United States. I can not guarantee hatch rates due to circumstances in shipping. Hatch rates here are good. My last hatch a few days ago was 18 out of 22 eggs. I had 1 blood ring and 3 died in lock down. The last pic is of the first 14 of the 18 chicks. I had put the dried chicks in a brooder.
    My paypal is [email protected]
    B/B/S girls
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Partridge pair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sizzles
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The calico roo is no longer in the pen
    [​IMG]
    Grey silkie roo in with the sizzles
    [​IMG]

Recent chicks
    Several have vaulted skulls. All have dark skin and 5 toes.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for looking

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Just got through hatching some sizzle eggs from emvickrey. Out of a dozen eggs I had 7 chicks would have had 8 but it died during hatching. After setting the eggs I candled them after 10 days and all were fertile. This is a terrific seller. Will be posting some pics of my sizzle chicks in a few days.

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I just got 20 silkie eggs from Em, and they ALL made it to me in perfect condition! She has nice birds. Good luck, bidders.

4. emvickrey

emvickrey ChowDown Silkie Farm

Mar 5, 2009
    Hornbeak, Tennessee
    I had 18 out of 22 eggs hatch of silkies. I've got 42 in the hatcher now of silkies and sizzles. Now if they survive the temperature changes we're having we'll have alot of little fluffy butts around here. DH needs to get well because we need more grow pens. [​IMG]

And the broody's are sitting on some that are due anyday now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by