1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6+ Silkied Bantam Cochin eggs ~Black & Barred~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by swheat, Jan 20, 2011.

1. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    6+ Silkied Bantam Cochin Eggs in Barred and Black varieties. A few years ago I had a barred pullet hatch out silkied. It has taken me 3 year to produce these silkied cochins, since the "gene for silkie feathering" is recessive. I have 2 silkied barred roos over barred & black silkied cochin hen and also black cochin hens split to "silkied". So some chicks may hatch out normal feathered but they will carry the gene for "silkie feathering".
    I bubble wrap each eggs and then place them in a egg carton which is securely packed in a #7 Priority Mail box. Box will be marked FRAGILE. I think the larger box offers good protection and rarely have damages but, I DO NOT guarantee hatch-ability due to shipping and your incubation methods. Handling & Shipping(Priority Mail) $11.00...Please pay by Paypal after auction ends so that I can ship the eggs quickly. If you want me to send you a PayPal invoice you need to email or pm me your email address . NPIP # 64-1039 & US AI clean. Let me know if you need NPIP paperwork with the eggs. Check my other auctions . I will combine shipping when possible, but cannot hold eggs over to ship with another auction ending several days later, I want you to have freshest eggs possible. Thanks for looking ! Shipping only in U.S.

Payment is by PayPal to [email protected]

Adult birds-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When they were younger-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and chicks...
    [​IMG]

2. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    do these have the normal number of toes?

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    These have not been crossed to the breed of Silkies if that is what you are wondering. No 4/5th toes, no black silkie skin, no walnut combs. These are cochins with silkied feathers.

4. bel

bel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2010
    East bay
    They are beautiful birds, and all cochin. I got 2 silkied cochins and one non silkied carrier out of eggs bought from Swheat last year.

Their feet are normal cochin feet, and comb red, they are all cochin, not a bit of silkie in them. Even non silkied are high quality, mine is super fluffy and round.

5. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    wow pretty!

6. tplummer

tplummer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    beautiful birds.

7. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn