6+ Silkied Barred & Black Bantam Cochin Eggs ~ Npip~

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by swheat, Sep 9, 2010.

1. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    6+ Silkied Bantam Cochin Eggs in Barred and Black varieties. A few years ago I had a barred pullet hatch out silkied. It has taken me 3 year to produce these silkied cochins, since the "gene for silkie feathering" is recessive. I have 2 silkied barred roos over barred & black silkied cochin hen and also black cochin hens split to "silkied". So some chicks may hatch out normal feathered but they will carry the gene for "silkie feathering".
    I am getting great fertility here, but I can not guarantee your hatch rate due to shipping and/or incubation techniques. I bubble wrap each eggs and then place them in a egg carton which is securely packed in a #7 Priority Mail box. I think the larger box gives good protection. Shipping only in the U.S.
    NPIP 64-1039 & AI Certified, Let me know if you need NPIP paperwork (VS Form 9-3).

Payment is by PayPal- to [email protected]

I have a Customer with 6 out of 7 silkied cochins developing Keep going chickies !

Adult birds-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When they were younger-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  2. SunshineSilkies

SunshineSilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    Florida
    Beautiful Steve!!

3. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Thank you , Sunshine

You know, you can tell when it a bird has that natural occurring silkieness, I wish all my silkies had that silkied cushion tail, they do not have hard feathers in their trunk !!!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by