6 silkies for sale - Ohio

Discussion in 'Chickens 8 Weeks & Older' started by drafthorserider, Dec 30, 2013.

1. drafthorserider

drafthorserider Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    These guys are all sold pending pickup Saturday. Thanks for looking. I will close the thread in a few days.

I have 6 silkies left in my flock and would like to find them great homes. They are $20 each or $90 for all. They range in age from 2-9 months. They are blue, partridge, and white. 4 are hens for sure and I am quite certain the youngsters - hatched from Catdance eggs - are a hen and a rooster. All are healthy. I think all are correct, however one of the partridges has a small crest and one white is missing a toenail. Perfect for pets. Very pretty. Pickup Huntsville Ohio. All are from non hatchery stock.

I don't have a picture of the blue hen - the others are pictured above -
    1st photo partridge hen
    2nd photo partridge hen
    3rd photo white and partridge hen from 1st photo
    4th photo catdance chick - about 1 month ago
    5th photo catdance chick - taken about 1 month ago - both have a much larger crest now, but they are still that different, which makes me think one is a hen and one is a rooster.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  2. chubbs2

chubbs2 New Egg

Oct 18, 2013
    I'm sorry, I'm new at this and would like to purchase 1 blue silkie hen. I live in Oklahoma. Do you know of any breeders in my area?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  3. 6 littleHens

6 littleHens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    No pic? I might be interested in hens. I already have 2 boys fighting over 3 girls. How many whites?
    Thanks

4. drafthorserider

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    I am sorry. I don't know of any breeders in your area, and I don't ship silkies myself, but a lot of breeders do ship them through the usps. Your best bet would probably be to post on the byc blue silkie thread to look for a breeder near you or one that ships. Good luck in your search.

5. drafthorserider

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    Hi,
    I have to see what kind of pics I have on my computer. It is too dark to take pics in the chicken coop today and is down in the teens, so I can't take them outside. There are 3 whites, 2 partridges, and 1 blue. 2 of the whites are quite young and I think one of the young ones is a rooster.

6. 6 littleHens

May 4, 2012
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    Drafthorserider,
    Why are you selling them?

7. drafthorserider

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    These are the last of my silkies. I have sold all the rest and was going to keep a few for pets, but I decided I would like to sell them all if possible. I liked to free range everyone and something started to eat my silkies - nothing bothers our layers- so we made them a pen, but, for me, they really aren't that fun sitting in a pen, so I would like to find them all a home and no longer have silkies in the woods. There are 4 hens and 2 which aren't quite old enough to 100% sex yet. They look very different and are both from Catdance eggs hatched on the same day, so I assume one is a boy and one is a girl. I would like to sell all of them as a group, because I don't want to end up with one or two lonely silkies that get chilly at night since they are the only ones who sleep on the floor.

8. drafthorserider

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    Price reduced to $90 for all.

9. 6 littleHens

May 4, 2012
    Chillicothe, Ohio
    Pics? How do you know 4 are hens?

10. drafthorserider

Feb 10, 2012
    Near Bellefontaine, OH
    I know there are at least 4 hens, because those 4 are 9 months old. There are only 2 at 2-3 months old and sex is questionable at that young age. I did put a photo in the original post of one of the partridge hens. It is too cold to take them out of their coop for more photos. I just happened to have a picture of that partridge.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by