6+ split LAV silkie eggs possible pures:-)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sonew123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Hi guys. Im backkkk....I have not sold any split Lav silkie eggs all summer because I was really busy. But nowwww. My splits are grown and they are laying their own eggs!!! So I have a pen of 7 birds-2 roos 5 hens. They are all black Lav splits. If you hatch out a black chick then its either a split again or a pure black silkie-or you won the jackpot and have a pure lavender or two that may hatch:) I have some under my broody that are 1 1/2 weeks in and all 5 are growing..

Your chances are as follows
    50% splits ( black)
    25% lavs ( pure lavs)
    25% pure blacks again

I will ship out Monday the 13th-delivery confirmation included-I have never had a bad shipment-those who have bought these eggs in the past will tell you Im a packing freak ( I shipped 40+ shipments this past Winter) If any of you folks that have bought my eggs feel free to comment:) I aint skeered LOL I cannot guarantee the fertility/growth of eggs once they leave my house though:-( Shipping is always a risk...
    I have to update photos as I just built a beautiful new pen for them and DH has camera-I will get them tomorrow. In the mean time here are some photos of the birds when they were younger...They got to free-range all Summer and have been "together" for 4 weeks now-so they are very pure:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    BC....Nice to see you back for a 3rd batch??? haha thsi time you should get some pures though:)

3. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    Mornin' Nat
    Sure hope so....or at least some pullets. Only one little girl amongst all those boys

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:[​IMG] ughhhhh how many boys did you wind up with? Out of the ones I grew out-I got 6 boys and 5 girls-Im down to 2 boys now and Im pretty sure 1 of them will go:-(

5. Bat Cave Silkies

Bat Cave Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Bat Cave, NC
    I kept three boys.....I'm paranoid about something tragic happening to just ONE boy, so I keep 2 extras

6. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Oh, so these are the silkie eggs I won [​IMG] looking forward to getting some!

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:thats right I owe you eggs. But as stated before I cannot do 12 of the silkie eggs:-( I can do 6 and then some Olive eggers? let me know and Ill make sure I dont sell "your" eggs LOL...

8. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    It would be so boring to do all 12 of those eggs the same anyway, LOL. What else do you have thats laying right now?

We hit a bad patch of luck last night so hopefully by next week I'll be ready to start hatching again.... Hopefully.

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:well I have many on the "verge" thats the problem-in a month or so I should have BLRW's too:)
    Oh I have EE's too pretty blue and green eggs

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  10. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Hi Nat, wanted to jump in here real quick and ask when you'll be offering these as a BIN instead of auction? We spoke a few months back and I'd still like to work something out on private sale [​IMG] I need the pure blacks too so these would be perrrrrfect. Just keep me posted hun, thanks...

Misty

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by