6 Straight run Copper Black Marans chicks (SOLD) (Bayhorsebonne)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bayhorsebonne, Aug 30, 2008.

1. bayhorsebonne

bayhorsebonne Out Of The Brooder

Jun 28, 2008
    Norco, California
    Hi there,

I am offering 6 straight run copper black marans chicks for sale at $50 each and would prefer to sell all to one buyer.

These are from my stock and are very nice.

Local pick up only in Norco, California

Please call me at 909-519-9227 if you are interested.

Thanks and have a great day,

Donna (bayhorsebonne)[​IMG]

Thanks Mike! Enjoy your chicks!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  2. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    $50 each [​IMG]
    Is this a typo or actual price???

Krista

3. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Krista, she has been averaging $200.00 a dozen for her eggs. She has very nice Copper Blacks and is a great person to deal with. The price for Copper Blacks is completely out of whack this season. Wait until next Spring if you want to get some Copper Blacks. If 25% of the eggs sold hatch the supply will drive the price down considerably, as everybody will be trying to get on the "Gravy Train".

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have seen the eggs going for about $100 a half dozen on ebay. My luck I would end up with all roos if I bought these [​IMG] . I am not questioning the quality at all, I was just checking [​IMG] . I am lined up to get some eggs this fall from "good lines" but I like to diversify. I don't care about the "gravy train", just want some pretty eggs [​IMG]

Krista

5. McGoo

McGoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow, really high price. [​IMG] Is there something that we don't understand about these particular birds that brings their value up so much? Cause I've got a BCMarans from a good breeder in FL and I had no idea of such a high value. Geez I might have to built her a separate coop [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks.

6. chickenhawk59

chickenhawk59 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Opelika Alabama
    Everybody just wants those dark eggs, and they do look good but at the end of the day they are still just chickens...

7. drom

drom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2008
    California
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  8. SusanJoM

SusanJoM Chillin' With My Peeps

Hey, folks, this is a new member who has gotten nothing but stellar reviews for her eggs that were being sold on eBay. When I saw that he/she was a new member here I was really excited. Seemed nice to have the person right here with us.

Then I saw that all he/she got was slammed. Is that really a nice way to greet a new and valuable resource?

It's embarrassing.
    Be nice.

Susan

9. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    Sorry Susan,
    I have to disagree. Unless a person is familiar with the high demand on this breed it is natural to have *sticker shock*. Regardless of the quality, I honestly believe that $50 a chick is a ridiculous price. I was being *nice* when checking to see if that was the actual price. The top breeders charge $60-$70 a dozen for their eggs, and yes the waiting list is HUGE. There was no slamming, unless you try to say asking if that was a typo is slamming. I don't get in on conflict on this forum but I think you saying we were *embarrassing* is an insult. I am always civil and try to help everyone out. I know she has lovely birds, and I am glad she sold them. I too am glad to have a member with such fine birds, but if she took offense I am sorry and would have responded as such if SHE had posted. I just think you took a defense here that was not required [​IMG]

Have a wonderful day! [​IMG]

Sincerely
    Krista

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

The price a person is asking is only too high if you can't find someone to buy what you're selling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by