6 Ultra Rare CREAM LEGBAR Hatching Eggs!! *NO RESERVE* *Auto-Sexing*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sunnydalefarms, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sunnydalefarms

sunnydalefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    The Cream Legbar is a unique chicken breed that was imported to the US in January of this year by GFF. Cream Legbars are EXTREMELY rare in this country. I am the only breeder currently offering eggs for sale on BYC and there is only one other breeder with eggs listed on that other auction site.

The Cream Legbar is a beautiful breed that is also extremely functional. They are medium size and are excellent foragers. Cream Legbars are excellent layers of medium SKY BLUE eggs. The Cream Legbar is an auto sexing breed. Which means they will produce visually sexable chicks from generation to generation. Female CL chicks will have chipmunk stripes on their backs and male CL chicks will be lighter with a white spot behind their heads.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This auction is for 6 Cream Legbar eggs. Our pullet has been laying for over two weeks now. Egg size is slightly smaller than full size for CL but very close to it (about the size of a silkie egg). We have experienced 100% fertility with our hatching eggs. Development has been fast with veins being visible no later than day 3 every time.

Priority shipping and delivery confirmation is included in the final price. Shipping to the lower 48 only. This is a paypal only auction due to the time sensitive nature of hatching eggs. Payment is due within 24 hours of auction end. Please make payment to [email protected].

I DO NOT have control over the treatment of hatching eggs once they leave my hands. Therefore, I can’t guarantee your hatch rate. I DO guarantee that I will wrap and package each egg very carefully. I use foam AND bubble wrap to wrap each individual egg. Eggs are then placed into a flat rate priority shipping box with more packing material to ensure a snug fit. I have a 100% success rate packing this way.

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oh someday, I will have some. The hen is just darling. [​IMG]
    I can see that this will be a high bid...good luck to all..wish I could join. [​IMG]

3. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Quote:Thanks, we enjoy her immensely. She is such a sweet girl.

4. PsychoChicken

PsychoChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    San Diego, CA
    I wish I could bid on this but I don't have room for more chickens right now. Gorgeous.

5. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    I wish I could join the bidding too- I'm going crazy cause I can't! someday... I hope [​IMG]
    Watching the auction with high interest [​IMG]

6. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Here is a picture of the actual eggs available. It is really hard to capture the true color of them. This picture is slightly washed out from the flash but these eggs are the same shade as the picture above.

I hope to have some pictures of a chick or two by the end of this weekend. Eggs are in lockdown now. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    How old will the oldest egg be by the time the eggs are sent out?
    You have at the 3 eggs now, but the auction still has 4 days to run.
    Thanks

Excited to see the chicks!!! When are they due to hatch?

8. sunnydalefarms

Jul 8, 2011
    Sturgeon, MO
    Hi Miriam,

I collected the first egg for the auction Tuesday morning. I have the one pullet laying now so that gives me a little cushion in case she misses a day. If she doesn't miss a day I will include the 7th egg as well to the auction winner.

Sunday should be hatch day if all goes correctly. [​IMG]

9. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    Thanks.
    Sunday will be so exciting.
    Do post pics so we can all live vicariously through you!

10. daisyjack

daisyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2010
    Campbellsville KY
    I can’t wait to see chicks; I got my CLB as juveniles so missed the cute stage

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by