6 week Australorps???? new pics added at end

jamband

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
I never had them before but got 30 this year. The lady who sold them too me told me the white head spot meant roo and the dark heads were hens. But now i've been reading around on here and it seems they all have dots just of different variety. But many of mine have all black heads with no spots? Is that normal? poor breading? did i get sold something else mixed in? I'll post some pics up in a bit.

88785_pics_451.jpg

88785_pics_453.jpg

88785_pics_475.jpg

88785_pics_478.jpg

88785_pics_482.jpg

88785_pics_485.jpg

88785_pics_487.jpg

Last edited:
That sounds like sex links, in black sex links the girls have no spot while the boys have the white spot. Please post pictures I am sure someone can help.

All BRs have head spots, males larger and more fuzzy and the pullets' more distinct and usually smaller. If there is no head spot, it's probably a black sexlink pullet. Male black sex links have a head spot and you can't tell them from a pure BR till later.

Here is a shot of my BR roos...(mixed in with some Australorp roos) white spots on heads...they are roos for certain, they grew and I sold them all off...

68634_dsc_0001.jpg

ughh so it sounds like i have sex links......just what i did not want. a breed that cant maintain itself....oh well I'll love em anyway, it all happens for a reason right.

I cant seem to post pics or a link yet unless I am missing something.............would really like the confirmation from you all.

Use the upload button in the blue bar to upload pictures then copy paste the uhl to your post and when you submit your post the pictures will show.

Back
Top Bottom