6 week chick scared of heights...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by sheeshshe, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Songster

May 6, 2009
    [​IMG] I have this one chick who is scared to death of heights... we are talking 2-3ft off the ground LOL! the others will just jump right now or fly down or whatnot and this one wavers and wavers and wavers... she leans into it like she's going to jump and then "chickens" out LOL! it takes her eons before she will finally do it.

I wonder how this will play out in the night time roosting situation when they are moved into the coop.....

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    One of my biggest girls, Fancypants, is afraid to fly down. She insists on getting on the highest perch everynight, but it takes her 20 minutes to work up the courage to fly down each morning. the other big girls hop down to a lower rung to fly out but not her she just stays up there fussing and worrying about it . . . every single morning.

3. sheeshshe

sheeshshe Songster

May 6, 2009
    omgosh, LOL! that is SO funny!!! perhaps this will be Rhubarb as well. Chickens are just the funnest!

4. swimmom

swimmom Songster

Apr 7, 2009
    Carolinas
    I have one like that too. She stands at the top of the ladder forever, trying to pluck up the courage to go down. When she does it seems that it's mostly by accident and she flaps and squaaks all the way to the bottom (3 feet - not 100 feet [​IMG])

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: