6 Week Chicken barely moving lays on leg

Koltz

Hatching
May 14, 2023
1) Easter Egger, 6 weeks, seems to eat a little less unless I put food directly in front of it.
2) Lays on left leg. Curl foot occasionally. Using wings when trying to move around will often fall on its side when trying to move. Sit in one spot and doesn’t move a lot.
3) Started laying down more two week ago. Last week seemed to get more or a limp/worse. Was getting trampled when with the others sometimes so separated it in a kennel where the others can still see it.
4) No
5/6) When one of the Easter eggers was 3 weeks old it got its leg stuck on its water and was hanging from the metal bar by its leg. Kept an eye and didn’t see any symptoms. Thinking it might be this one. First time chicken owner I should have done something so I would be able to track which one it was.
7) Normal eating and drinking if items are directly in front of her. Have been giving her electrolytes in water.
8) Normal
9) Tried wrapping her hand where she kept curling it but that seemed to make it harder to walk. Tried a splint for 2 days on her left forearm seemed to help her stand but she still couldn’t walk with it.
10 ) up for suggestions. Want the bird to not be in pain.
11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
12) Currently in kennel with dog pads. Has pine shavings in there originally and every-time she would go to move they would fly everywhere and she seemed to struggle to walk on them. Take her out and she seems to move a little if their are papertowls for her to walk on. Will go outside with the flock with me watching them. The other Easter eggers seem to be protective of her and all surround her while not stepping on her or hurting her when she is outside.

Images

Attachments

• IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    379 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1392.jpeg
    IMG_1392.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    446.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1403.jpeg