1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 week old bantam chicks - what size is normal?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cluky, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    Ok so I have 6 week old bantam chicks. They are feathered in for the most part, fuzz unded their wings. Also some of them are larger then others. So quesiton is what size is normal? Is not fully feathered normal? HELP?

2. FarmGirlLC

FarmGirlLC Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2012
    West Virginia
    Some get feathers fast and others slow, same with size the grow at differnt rates, like people do.

3. Cluky

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    So i can see that already with all of them (all 5 are different breeds so it shows) Question is, what are signs that they are growing ok, vs they are getting by? I mean I have provided them with everything a chickie needs, water, food, warmth...space. But let's face it this is my first flock and they can't talk [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  4. FarmGirlLC

Apr 10, 2012
    West Virginia
    Well what breeds do yo have?

5. Cluky

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    All bantams:
    1 - mille fleur d'uccle
    1 - buff brahma
    1 - easter egger
    1 - welsummer
    1 - belgian quail antwerp

6. FarmGirlLC

Apr 10, 2012
    West Virginia
    The welsummer I have no clue about I haven't been around them but I do know that your buff brahma will be bigger than the rest do to it being a larger bantam breed. There are forums I believe for each of the breeds look at them and compare to your chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by