6 week old Bantam Easter Eggers - what do you think?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MarinMama, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    I have some 6 week bantam easter eggers and trying to sex them so I am calling all easter egger experts out there to chime in [​IMG]

here are the obvious roos. their combs are bigger and red and the beige one crowed. We have suspected these 2 were roos from week 2 because they are always play-fighting each other.
    [​IMG]

this is the one that crowed last night.
    [​IMG]

I am hoping the 3 in front are hens. They have more gentle personalities and their coloring is not as flashy.
    [​IMG]

here they are as a group.

[​IMG]

2. XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX

XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Michigan
    I have to say, those are some beautiful birds! I think those are probably hens, because they aren't devolving a comb as fast as the others. Congrats on those adorable and beautiful chicks. [​IMG]

3. bantamsrmyfav

bantamsrmyfav Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    US & Canada
    I love the 3rd pic, it looks like the girls are posing in front of the boys. And they look so animated in the last one! I think you are correct on your guesses - 3 hens for sure but the Eagle looking one always turns her head away from the camera. [​IMG]

4. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

What pretty babies! [​IMG]

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    At this point it does look like the 3 are girls.

Matt

6. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:x2

7. MarinMama

MarinMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    thanks for taking a look.

@XxKiki_Bantam_BreederxX - thanks, i hope at least the 3 are hens. they seem to have the mellowist personalities

@bantamsrmyfav and @matt i hope the 3 are hens... the one that looks like a bald eagle is the most shy of the bunch...

@rebel-rousing-at-night thanks !!

so there is one with darker feathers and a white head...he/she seems to be hiding in the most of the pics but i am starting to suspect that it is a roo. it is starting to become more playful and the comb is getting bigger [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by