1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 week old Buff Orpington?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lorileeann80, May 14, 2016.

1. lorileeann80

lorileeann80 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 17, 2016
    Tennessee
    i bought these little sweeties at tractor supply when they were just 3 days old and they were in a bin marked Buff Orpingtons...but seeing the leg color in one so yellow i was thinking maybe she is something else? or a rooster? not really sure. any help would be great :) they will be six weeks old this sunday. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sixpets

Sixpets Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2013
    Oh my goodness, I have had 5 Buff Orpingtons, they are so sweet and good Chickens They all definitely are Buffs, I had one really dark and light, they look great! :)

3. lorileeann80

Apr 17, 2016
    Tennessee
    oh ok so the yellow legs is normal in some? and ty :) i love my buffs they are the first out the door to see me in the mornings and love to be picked up :) very sweet girls

4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I think the one with the yellow legs maybe a Buff Rock since Buff Orpingtons normally have pale/pinkish legs.

5. lorileeann80

Apr 17, 2016
    Tennessee
    hmm ok ill go look up some stuff on that breed then ty :)

6. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

It's also possible that they just don't conform to the SOP. Hatchery chicks always seem to have some differences.

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    Very true

8. lorileeann80

Apr 17, 2016
    Tennessee
    ok ty and i did just read that too. soo i guess ill just wait and see how she turns out :)

9. EggSighted4Life

EggSighted4Life Overrun With Chickens

I have 1 buff orp right now. I am getting some Lavenders in August, exciting! Rocks are pretty good birds to if it ends up not being an orpington.

Anyways, seeing how they turn out and the adventures of guessing along the way is tons of fun for me.

10. lorileeann80

Apr 17, 2016
    Tennessee
    I <3 the lavender orps! i will be looking for them next spring. and ty again for ur help :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by