6 week old Easter Eggers (Death in the family)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by hillbillygreen, May 25, 2008.

1. hillbillygreen

hillbillygreen Out Of The Brooder

Apr 22, 2008
    Central Illinois
    They're getting so much bigger. But sad news... I started with 6 chicks and when I got them into their new home outside, my husband was still messing with his new creation (their coop) and wheelied up the tractor without getting them all inside... (Long story...the outer screen door had not yet been created)... and he squished one [​IMG]. I think it was a hen because it looked like the other black one. So we have 5... I think there are 3 roos and 2 hens. Unfortunately we cannot even have the roosters where we live in town because of the crowing, so eventually we will be down to 2 [​IMG]

So enough of the bad news... see what you think of the boy-girl status!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Wilbur the hen... or Wilamina... she's our favorite!)

[​IMG]

I hope the pictures are good enough... they like to run away from the camera!

2. pattycake

pattycake Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    fingerlakes, ny
    The two browner ones, for sure. The black one.... maybe yes, maybe no! I'd wait a little longer to be sure.

I'm sorry for your loss! [​IMG]

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    I agree with you, the two in the middle of the last pic are your girls. The other 3 are boys. Sorry about the accident too. :aww

Jody

4. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Thanks for posting the pics- I have some two and three week old hatchery ameraucana chicks and I'm waiting to be able to identify them as well. Sorry for the loss.

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  5. momofchicks

momofchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    Kentucky
    I'm sorry for your loss. I have 6 week old EE's too and yours have a lot bigger comb than mine. Plus my comb is that bumpy one (can you tell I'm new) I think it's a pea comb? Picture attached. So I think your two brown ones and that black one are roo's also.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by