1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

6 week old EE Gender ??? WARNING, PIC HEAVY

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Turkeyrangler, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Songster

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    I have six 6 week old EE chicks. I'm thinking I have 4 pullets and 2 cockerels but I figured I post some pics here and see what others think. Not the best pics, but they don't like to pose well. They are a bit on the large size because they have been in with the turkey poults most of the time and have been fed mainly turkey starter.

1. Pullet?
    [​IMG]

2. Pullet?
    [​IMG]

3. Pullet?, but has me doubting at times.
    [​IMG]

4. Pullet?
    [​IMG]

5. Cockerel?
    [​IMG]

6. Cockerel?....barred with white spots on head in the middle of pic. Number 5 cockerel on his left and number 4 pullet on his right.
    [​IMG]

Here are a few pics from the top. Starting from lower left hand side going clockwise 6. cockerel, 5. cockerel, 1. pullet, 3. pullet, 4. pullet, 2. pullet. Hope this makes sense.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh, and one more. I picture of Mr. Roo my EE rooster.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011

2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Crowing

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    I think you've guessed right. [​IMG]

3. looks right to me

4. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Songster

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    thanks for the replies. I was hoping I had them at least close.

5. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Crowing Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Looks like you got it all figured out! I had the opposite luck, with 4 cockerels and 2 pullets. [​IMG] Your pullets are so pretty!

6. dianaross77

dianaross77 Songster

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    I agree with everyone else but just wanted to chime in to say your roo is quite handsome!

7. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Songster

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Quote:Sorry to hear you had the opposite luck. I think I'll keep 5 of them and get rid of the cockerel with the spots on his head. I'll keep the other cockerel if Mr roo will put up with him for a while. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for the comment on the pullets. I think they will grow into really nice looking hens.

8. Turkeyrangler

Turkeyrangler Songster

May 9, 2010
    By Lake Superior
    Quote:Thanks, he really is a great boy. Great protector of his flock, isn't too hard on the hens and gives me some nice looking chicks. He has pecked me a few times in the foot, but has never really flogged me. I just pick him up everyday and we get along fine. He also goes after my nasty tom turkey when he tries to flog me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by