6 week old ee pics-white one crowing!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dinahmoe, Jan 15, 2010.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    i know that its hard to tell on these until they get older but wondering if ya'll can tell early.its just for fun.

update-the reason i want to know now is i am giving my neighbor one for her 3 little girls.hopefully she will lay blueish eggs.they will spoil her rotten so i am thinking the earlier the better.if i accidently give them a roo they will have to give it back and that will break their hearts.so, the picture that gets the most girl votes is the one i will go ahead and give them.

#1 it is the smallest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #2-the biggest
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    You are right.

Too early for me.... give them another 6 weeks.

3. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    #2 has the color pattern that a lot of hens often have. If that's any indication.

4. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    I'm going to take a shot at it. The first 2 look like a lot of my EE pullets and I'm betting the 3rd is a roo.

5. aussieheelr

aussieheelr Chillin' With My Peeps

Still a bit early but since you asked... I think that the only one possibly a roo would be your white one, but that's a stab in the dark, could still be a pullet. The others I wouldn't worry about, pullets there.
    [​IMG]

6. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Quote:That's what I was going to say!

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    3rd one I bet is a rooster. The comb is too pink for his age. #1 could go either way, #2 I think is a pullet.

8. Momo

Momo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2008
    Nelson BC
    I say girl, girl, boy.

9. chseeads

chseeads Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Last one could be boy, but I wouldn't say definitely yet. I have a white EE and though it was supposed to be a hen, it went through a stage where I wondered if it was or not, because it's comb looked pinker than the others.....but, it did turn out to be a hen.

10. jeslewmazer

jeslewmazer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    Mississippi
    I agree that is is kinda early, but I'll give my opinion.
    1-pullet
    2-toss up (maybe pullet)
    3-roo
    I don't have any experience with EEs yet. I do have some that are a few days from being 7 week old. And the majority are the same colors as your 3. My guesses are based primarily on the comb and waddles, but from just about everything I have read they are suppose to mature slower. They are way different than all my other chickens but it's so fun to learn. Whatever happens Good luck.
    But Pic one has my inexperienced vote for pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by